The Tanzania Working Group is led by Dignity Kwanza – Community Solutions, a non-profit organization with a mission to serve refugees, marginalized and vulnerable populations in Tanzania. The working group includes esteemed scholars from the University of Dar es Salaam, practitioners from Tanganyika Christian Refugee Services (TCRS), Oxfam in Tanzania, and Relief to Development Society (REDESO).
- Foster locally driven research on factors affecting refugee protection and solutions.
- Promote effective use of evidence-based research to inform decision making, policies, and practices in refugee protection.
- Combat myths and perceptions around refugees.
- Enhance collaboration among CSOs, Universities and other stakeholders in working together to find solutions to protection challenges.
- Improve CSOs’ capacity to respond and engage in refugee protection locally, regionally, and globally.
- Support emerging scholars who are studying refugee and forced migration issues.
Thursday, May 21, 2020
Opportunities and Challenges for Localization of Humanitarian Action in Tanzania
Merve Erdilmen, McGill University Witness Ayesiga Sosthenes, University of Dar es Salaam The idea of strengthening local humanitarian...
Monday, April 6, 2020
The Increased Vulnerability of the Refugee Population to COVID-19 Within Tanzanian Refugee Camps
By Faith Mario Mjalilla This year’s World Health Day comes at a time when the COVID-19 pandemic is sweeping the globe and putting...