Awarded on the recommendation of the Director of the Paul Menton Centre, to outstanding students with a documented permanent physical disability entering a program of study on a full time basis within the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Science, the Arthur Kroeger College of Public Affairs or the Bachelor of Commerce program.
Recipients will demonstrate academic excellence, community service, leadership and commitment to making a difference in their larger communities. Application is required. The award may be continued for three consecutive years of undergraduate study provided the recipient maintains full-time enrolment (minimum of 4.0 credits over the Fall/Winter session) in an eligible undergraduate degree program and remains in good academic standing.
Established in 2019 by Daryl Rock BA/86, MA/88.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada (landed immigrant or protected person);
- Documented permanent physical disability;
- Registered with the PMC;
- Entering first year of an undergraduate degree program in the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Science, the Arthur Kroeger College of Public Affairs or the Bachelor of Commerce program;
- Demonstrates academic promise;
- Shows leadership in making a difference in their communities;
- Full-time enrolment.
More information about the Making a Difference Award can be found on the application form. With further questions, call the PMC at 613-520-6608 or email email@example.com.
Applications Open: May 1
Application Deadline: August 31; no late and/or incomplete applications will be considered.
Making a Difference Awards Application Form
- Complete all sections of the application form;
- Provide one letter of recommendation;
- Return application, with all three components, to Carleton Awards and Financial Aid, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than the application deadline.