- Register and Get Started with the PMC
- PMC Orientation
- Want us to contact you?
- Documentation Forms
- Transition Tips
To register with the Paul Menton Centre, you will need to book an intake appointment with a PMC Disabilities Coordinator. During the intake appointment, your Coordinator will review your documentation and discuss the accommodations and services that would best suit your needs.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 613-520-6608.
Note that emails should be sent from your Carleton email address (cmail).
In order to book you will need to provide:
- First and Last name
- Carleton student ID number
- Carleton email address (also known as a CMAIL address)
- The general nature of your disability so we can book you with the correct Coordinator (this does not need to be specific ex. Mental health, learning disability, ADHD, etc.)
- A copy of your documentation
- All of the dates and times you’d be available for an appointment. Please include multiple options as our appointments book-up quickly. Note that we do not book appointments between 12-1pm.
- Your preference for an in-person, virtual or phone appointment. Note that while we will do our best to accommodate your preference a virtual appointment may be recommended in order to avoid scheduling delays.
- A phone number to reach you at for the appointment
Our front desk staff will be able to answer any questions you have at the time of booking, and will also let you know which of our Coordinators you will be meeting with.
Once your appointment is booked, you will receive a confirmation email to your CMAIL address providing your appointment details as well as a consent form and student questionnaire to complete and email back to us prior to the appointment.
Ventus is a new one-stop academic accommodation management tool to help you manage and keep track of your accommodations in your courses throughout the term.
Please note that creating a Ventus account does not start the intake process. Please call (613-520-6608) or email (email@example.com) us to book your intake appointment.
The Ventus Student Portal allows students to:
- Submit documentation
- Confirm exam participation
- Select exam accommodations
- Access letters and accommodation information
Your disability documentation can be uploaded directly to Ventus where your PMC Coordinator will be able to review the information.
The Ventus portal is secure; please remove password protection on documents to ensure coordinators are able to access/review it prior to the intake without delay.
You will be provided with instructions and/or directions for how to join or get to your appointment, as booked wither virtually or in-person, when you make your appointment.
For more information about registering with the PMC using Ventus, check out our Registering with PMC FAQ.
At the beginning of each new school year the Paul Menton Centre for Students with Disabilities (PMC) hosts a PMC Orientation for any new PMC students.
This event is held in addition to fall orientation programming offered to all incoming Carleton students.
A member of the PMC Team will be happy to contact you to provide information about the PMC, options that may be available, and what next-steps will look like.
The Paul Menton Centre (PMC) has developed specific documentation forms for various types of disabilities.
Insight, tips, and tricks to help your post-secondary transition to be as seamless as possible.