Practicum placements with the PMC provide candidates the opportunity to conduct one-on-one client appointments, manage a caseload, and perform other duties related to program delivery.
Intensive training is provided in August with shadowing opportunities throughout placement, followed by ongoing training and support from PMC staff.
A limited number of practicum opportunities are available for graduate students in Counselling Psychology and Social Work to gain practical counselling experience working with students with disabilities. To apply or more information please contact Sonia Tanguay – SoniaTanguay@Cunet.Carleton.Ca
Learning Strategies Practicum placements are also available for upper-year undergraduate students in Social Work, Psychology, and other Social Science departments.
Priority will be given to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Foundational experience working with persons with disabilities;
- General knowledge of learning styles, strategies, and effective techniques for academic success;
- Strong time management and organizational skills are required.
- your resume/cover letter;
- name of your practicum supervisor;
- term of expected placement;
- number of hours per week for placement.