To All Members of the Carleton Community,
We are pleased to announce that Carleton University and the Carleton University Academic Staff Association (CUASA), representing more than 970 professors, instructors and librarians, have ratified a new collective agreement. The new collective agreement is retroactive to May 1, 2021 and will be in place until April 30, 2024.
The agreement provides one percent per annum across-the-board salary increases (including Career Development Increases) in line with Bill 124.
Some additional highlights of the agreement include:
- Agreement in principle to create an Instructor IV rank with details to be worked out by a Joint Parity committee.
- Travel and conference grants for second and subsequent sabbaticals.
- Three additional research days for librarians.
- Creation of a special research fund to support members of equity-seeking groups and to fund research that advances diversity.
- Modifications to the administration of teaching evaluations implemented during the pandemic extended until December 31, 2021.
- A Joint Committee on Employment Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and a Gender Pay Study.
We would like to thank all members of the bargaining teams for their hard work and extend a special thanks to the two chief negotiators, Chantal Dion (CUASA) and Lorraine Dyke (Carleton), for their leadership during the bargaining process.
Provost and Vice-President (Academic)