- Who may apply for exemption from International Fees?
- How do I apply?
- What are the deadlines?
- What kind of Supporting Documentation is required?
- Canadian Citizens
- Protected Persons
- Permanent Resident
- Visitor with Work Permit (Please see “Definitions” for exclusions)
- Review of Exemption Status
- Legal Dependent (may apply to any of the categories above)
Definitions for the preceding terms may be found under the “Definitions” section on this page.
Please submit a completed “Certificate of Exemption from International Fees” (see the “Downloads” section at the bottom of this page).
- Undergraduate, Visiting, and Special students who believe they qualify must submit an application and supporting documentation to the Registrar’s Office.
- Graduate students must submit documentation to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs.
Original documentation provided must be dated as appropriate:
- Summer Term: Dated on or before June 30th
- Fall Term: Dated before on or November 1st
- Winter Term: Dated on or before February 1st
Documentation must be submitted to the Undergraduate Registrar’s Office (for Undergraduate Studies) or the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs Office (for Graduate Studies) before the enrolment reporting date to the Ministry of Colleges and Universities
- Summer Term: August 11, 2023
- Fall Term: November 29, 2023
- Winter Term: February 28, 2024
If successful the exemption of international tuition fees will take place beginning in the term in which the original documentation was dated and submitted. Retroactive exemption from international tuition fees will not be granted.
Please refer to the “Definitions” section on this page to see what documentation is normally provided. Additional documentation may be required and documents outside of what is normally proved will be reviewed on an individual basis.