- What is a change of program elements?
- How do I change my program elements?
- How will I know the outcome of my application (change of major)?
- How-To Video
What is a change of program elements?
A change of program elements is:
- Switching to a different program within the same degree
- Switching between an Honours,15 credit or Major degree (where available)
- Regulation 3.1.9 Changes of Degree Program, Table 1 reflect the Overall and Major CGPA thresholds required, additional requirements may apply to some programs.
- Adding or dropping a Major, Minor, Concentration, or Specialization
How do I change my program elements?
- Changes to your program are made through the “Change of Program Elements” feature of Carleton Central.
- Changes require up to 3 days for processing. Processing time may vary throughout the school year.
- Term specific deadlines are posted within the Carleton Central application.
- Requests to change your Degree should be directed towards the admissions office via the internal application
- Requests to remove the Co-Op option from your program should be directed to the co-op office website via their online submission form.
How will I know the outcome of my application (change of major)?
- If your request is approved you will receive a confirmation email to your Carleton email account. You can also view your approval on the Change of Program Elements application page in Carleton Central.
- If you are approved you can confirm your program change by viewing your audit on Carleton Central.
- If your request is refused you may view the reason for refusal on the Change of Program Elements application page in Carleton Central.
- The Academic Advising Centre is available to discuss what options might be available to you.
Change of Program Elements | Carleton Central How-To