As the term draws to a close, Teaching and Learning Services (TLS) has some tips and resources to help you wrap up your fall term courses in D2L Brightspace and launch your winter ones successfully.
Wrapping up the fall term
- Schedule a consultation with TLS staff for help with gradebook questions or to review your settings.
- Communicate with your students by emailing from the Brightspace Classlist if the course end date has passed. Brightspace announcements will not distribute after course end dates.
- Explore tutorials on grading assignments, dive deeper into the Gradebook training workshop or share the tutorial of accessing grades and feedback with your students.
- Submit your final grades via E-Grades. If you require assistance, visit the E-Grades support page for an instructor manual and final grades FAQ.
Looking ahead to the winter term
- Consult the course setup guide to ensure you include all the important course elements.
- Merge your courses prior to adding content if you’re teaching multiple sections of the same course.
- Create a course overview tour to help your students navigate your Brightspace course.
- Activate your course to allow students access as courses are hidden by default when they are created.
- Update Zoom to the latest version to ensure you have access to the newest features, fixes and settings.
If you have any questions or would like to meet with TLS staff for assistance with your course design and setup, please submit your request through the TLS Support Portal.