- Login to MediaSpace at mediaspace.carleton.ca (using your Carleton MC1 username and password).
- At the top-right side of the page, click Add New.
- In the drop-down menu, select Kaltura Capture.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click the download button for the operating system you are using (Mac or Windows). If your browser prompts you to approve the download, select whichever option allows the download to proceed.
- When the download is complete:
- In Windows, click the CaptureSpace installer, and then follow prompts to complete the installation.
- In OS X, drag the CaptureSpace icon to the Applications folder.
- When the installation is complete, return to mediaspace.carleton.ca
- To launch the software, click Add New, then select Kaltura Capture again.
|Hardware / Software:||Requirement:|
Windows 7 – 10 (64 bit) and above
Mac OSX 10.10 and above
|Memory:||4 GB RAM|
|Storage:||1 GB minimum available (we recommend 10 GB available)|
|Processor:||Minimum of Intel i5 or AMD A10|
Please note that Kaltura Capture does not currently support capturing of system audio (for example capturing the audio from a video you are playing back while screen capturing) in OSX.
Visit the Kaltura website for information on System Requirements to install Personal Capture on your computer.
TIP: Close any unneeded applications or browser tabs to free up system resources.
Kaltura Personal Capture is the only screen recording and video capture software supported by Carleton University. If your Operating System or hardware doesn’t meet the requirements to install Kaltura, you have the option to download an alternative screen capture software that is unsupported by the university. Below are some free and paid alternatives for Windows, Mac, Chrome, and Linux users: