Evaluating Community Impact: Capturing and Making Sense of Community Outcomes
This June 2-4 the Tamarack Institute will host Evaluating Community Impact: Capturing and Making Sense of Community Outcomes, a multi-day interactive workshop in Halifax, NS, designed specifically for leaders who have basic evaluation training and a desire to take their community change efforts to the next level. This dynamic learning experience will be led by Liz Weaver, Vice-President of the Tamarack Institute and Mark Cabaj, President of Here to There Consulting, who together possess a wealth of hands-on experience working with and supporting collaborative, community change initiatives across North America.
Participants of the workshop will gain a deep understanding and appreciation of the dynamic nature of community change. Key themes addressed in the workshop will include:
- Models and dynamics of community change including Theory of Change
- The core concepts of evaluative thinking, utilization focused evaluation, and developmental evaluation
- The critical differences between traditional program evaluation and the evaluation of community change evaluation
- The unique challenges of assessing community change e.g. ‘measuring’ systems change, dealing with unanticipated outcomes, attributing outcomes to change activities, and participatory sense-making
- Evaluation Planning Tools e.g. evaluation scope of work, utilization-focused checklist, developmental evaluation checklist
- Outcome Evaluation Tools e.g. Most Significant Change, contribution analysis, multiple perspectives exercise, outcome mapping, splash and rippleSubsidies are available for colleagues who enroll together. To learn more or register your team for this workshop, please visit the Evaluating Community Impact website at http://events.tamarackcommunity.org/evaluating-community-impact.
Questions? Please contact: Kirsti@tamarackcommunity.ca.