The CFICE Knowledge Mobilization Fund
Part of the Community First: Impacts of Community Engagement (CFICE) project’s Phase II work is to make sure our research and knowledge is being widely shared with new and existing networks. CFICE has therefore established a Knowledge Mobilization fund to support this work. This fund will distribute up to a combined total of $10,000 (MAX) to CFICE applicants per year until year 7 of the project.
Through the Knowledge Mobilization fund, CFICE members can apply for money to support their CFICE-related knowledge mobilization efforts. Eligible knowledge mobilization activities include, but are not limited to:
- Hosting meetings, workshops, or webinars in support of sharing CFICE’s story and research with external audiences;
- Creating and sharing CFICE’s research through accessible outputs (infographics, video, academic articles, etc.); and,
- Increasing CFICE’s visibility and network by attending national and international community-campus engagement conferences, and community assemblies.
Before applying to this fund, please take into account the eligibility criteria that will be used to assess your funding application:
- Your activity supports CFICE’s efforts to increase the number of players (communities, academic institutions, and funders) who use a community-first approach to community-campus engagement.
- Your activity supports a knowledge mobilization activity that is above and beyond what should be covered in working group budgets.
- Your activity does not share only the findings or activities of a specific hub or working group but instead shares multiple aspects of the CFICE story.
The following process will be followed for all knowledge mobilization funding requests:
- Funding requests will be sent to the Project Manager via the budget request form found below. Requests will include a budget explanation and breakdown.
- One week prior to the next Budget Committee meeting, the Project Manager will forward any and all funding requests to the committee for consideration.
- At the committee meeting, members will decide whether or not to approve the funding request.
- The Project Manager will then convey the final decision to the requestor.
Please note that the Budget Committee meets approximately every four months (February, May, August, November). Your request will not be reviewed until the next scheduled Budget Committee meeting.
If your funding request is urgent, please contact CFICE@carleton.ca immediately after submitting your budget request and highlight the date by which you need a final decision. The CFICE Project Manager will then attempt to convene an emergency meeting of the Budget Committee to adjudicate your request.