CFICE’s Phase I Work
Phase I (2012 – 2015) looked at improving community impacts through community-campus engagement (CCE) in four sector-specific policy areas.
This phase consisted of five independent-operating “hubs.” Each hub was led by a community and an academic co-lead:
- Poverty Reduction, co-led by the Vibrant Communities network;
- Community Food Security, co-led by Food Secure Canada in cooperation with the Canadian Association of Food Studies;
- Community Environmental Sustainability, co-led by Trent Community Research Centre;
- Violence Against Women, co-led by the Canadian Association of Elizabeth Fry Societies;
- Knowledge Mobilization, co-led by the Canadian Alliance for Community-Service Learning.