Position: Summer Outreach Coordinator
Organization: TREC / SolarShare http://www.solarbonds.ca
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Start Date: May 1, 2015
End Date: August 28, 2015
Wage: $16/ hr
TREC Renewable Energy Co-operative (TREC) is an incorporated, not-for-profit organization that has been working for more than 10 years to develop co-operatively owned renewable energy projects in Ontario and to educate about renewable energy, conservation, and the community power model.
Summary of Role
Are you looking for an opportunity to gain experience in the field of renewable energy and/ or social finance? TREC is looking for a results-driven individual with experience in a related field to support a sales and marketing campaign for SolarShare. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for organizing events, volunteers, and recruiting new co-op members to invest in Solar Bonds during our busy event season from May-August.
Successful candidates will be organized, independent, quick on their feet, and have some experience planning community events. The position involves planning and coordination at the TREC office in downtown Toronto and travel within the GTA on evenings and weekends. A valid G license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
- Coordinate events including researching opportunities, scheduling, managing a budget, organizing logistics, promoting, and setting up exhibitor booth.
- Organize volunteer schedules and assist with volunteer recruitment and training
- Assist with the sale of SolarShare bonds
- Collect content and images for media releases, blogs, and social media
- Administrative activities such as tracking results and ordering supplies
- Other related duties as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong sales and/or customer service background
- Experience with grassroots marketing event coordination
- Knowledge of the renewable energy industry and policy environment in Ontario
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated and independent worker
- Confident public speaking ability
- Graphic design skills an asset
All applications must be submitted by April 13 at 5pm. NOTE: Applicants are encouraged to send their resume and cover letter as soon as possible as interviews will begin before the posting deadline.
– Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to the attention of Julie Leach:
– Please compile a cover letter and resume in PDF and send as a single attachment. Use your full name as the file name.
– In your cover letter, please address how you would be successful in marketing SolarShare to relevant audiences.
– Confirm if you have a valid G driver’s license.
– You will be expected to familiarize yourself with the SolarShare website http://www.solarbonds.ca
– We thank you for your application but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted; no phone calls please.
– TREC is fully committed to equal employment opportunity.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.