Curricular and co-curricular experiential learning (EL) opportunities are grounded in an intentional learning cycle with clearly defined learning outcomes. These opportunities actively engage students in creating knowledge and critically reflecting on their experiences, fostering a deeper understanding of how they can utilize what they have learned and apply the skills they have developed in future endeavours
More recently, the focus on EL across the educational sector has resulted in institutional commitments to increase the variety and quantity of EL opportunities. These commitments have sparked creative and unique collaborations within institutions to make EL opportunities rich and meaningful experiences for our students and partners. As our efforts continue to evolve, a variety of critical questions have emerged on how best to create, deliver, support and sustain EL opportunities.
We invite post-secondary students, instructors, administrators, staff, researchers, and EL partners and practitioners to participate in the 2019 Perspectives on Experiential Learning conference at the University of Guelph.
We will discuss critical questions and perspectives on the following conference themes:
* The Student Voice: Exploring the Experiences of Our Students
* Designing, Teaching and Assessing EL
* Making Partnerships Matter: From Industry to Community
* Institutional Practices Supporting EL
* Overcoming Barriers and Increasing Access
* From Policy to Practice in EL: Balancing Political- and Institution-Driven Approaches to Experiential Learning
Learn more and submit a proposal. Proposals due by Monday, January 14, 2019.