Community Campus Engage Canada’s mission is to contribute to thriving, just and sustainable societies by growing connections, capacity and infrastructure for community-driven collaboration with post-secondary institutions across Canada. CCEC emerges from a seven-year SSHRC-funded pan-Canadian participatory action research project that investigates how community-campus partnerships can be designed and implemented to maximize the value created for non-profit, community-based organizations.
CCEC is in the intense, messy and exciting phase of start-up. We seek a highly skilled manager to operationalize steering committee direction and to lead CCEC personnel.
This position will be hired and paid through Carleton University while reporting to the CCEC Steering Committee. The successful candidate will be required to submit bi-weekly timesheets to initiate payment.
This is a part-time, term position as CCEC develops its capacity (with the possibility of extending the contract dependent upon funding): April 1 – June 30, 2019 (25 hours/week at $30.70/ hour x 13 weeks).
- Attending steering committee meetings
- Integrating board decisions into programming and network development
- Staff direction and oversight
- Budget management and oversight
- Preparation of reports, recommendations and documents for the steering committee
- Knowledge management and communications leadership
- Tracking outputs and beginning to develop an evaluation framework
- Bachelor’s degree (graduate degree advantageous)
- Experience with all facets of organizational development and management (budgets, HR, accountability, funding, evaluation)
- Experience working for and with committees/boards
- Familiarity with community-campus engagement
- Commitment to CCEC’s values: Community-first, student and youth engagement, asset-based development, collaboration and co-governance, social inclusion and access, Indigenous knowledge and communities, and knowledge diversity
Please submit applications including cover letter and resume to Michelle Nilson and Lisa Erickson at CFICE@carleton.ca by March 31, 2019.