University College Cork (UCC) is seeking applications for the post of Civic Engagement Officer. The appointee will help deliver on UCC’s 5 year Civic Engagement plan.
Civic Engagement Officer, Office of the Vice President for External Relations
Specific Purpose Whole Time Post (Anticipated duration of 5 years)
UCC wishes to appoint an experienced administrator to the role of Civic Engagement Officer. Reporting to the VP for External Relations, the Civic Engagement Officer will provide the required expertise to support and coordinate activities to deliver on the commitments outlined in UCC’s Civic and Community Engagement plan and ensure these meet a very high standard.
- Delivers and enacts the activities required to implement UCC’s Civic and Community Engagement plan in concert with the Civic and Community Engagement committee and various sub-committees and working groups and relevant Civic Engagement staff.
- Supports the ongoing delivery and development of civic engagement initiatives, and supports the development of new programmes, workshops, seminars etc.
- Supervises and directs key Civic Engagement staff (this will include, but is not limited to such matters as negotiating workloads and assigning tasks, ensuring that HR, health and safety are implemented).
- Fosters and leads a culture of collegiality within the core Civic Engagement team and in its interactions with external parties, including enabling the Civic Engagement staff in their professional development.
- Responsibility for financial management and control of the Civic Engagement budget and income streams.
- Researching for, and drafting, inputs to University-level reports, data collection and publications.
For an information package including full details of the post, selection criteria and application process see https://ore.ucc.ie/.
Informal enquiries can be made in confidence to Rónán Ó Dubhghaill Tel: 021 4903600, Email: email@example.com
Applications must be submitted online via the University College Cork vacancy portal. Queries relating to the online application process should be referred to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job-title.
Candidates should apply, in confidence, before 12 noon (Irish Local Time) on Thursday 21st February 2019. No late applications will be accepted.