- Fall Orientation Participation
- Ottawa Police Record Check Services
- Quick Links:
- To Complete a Police Record Check in Ottawa:
- I’ve received my PRC, what do I do?
- Co-Curricular Record
In order to participate in Fall Orientation, you will need a Vulnerable Sector Check. This can be done through your local police station. Please note, if you do not have your Police Record Check (PRC) completed by August 1st there will be NO EXCEPTIONS, and you will be unable to participate in the program this year.
The Ottawa Police Record Check Services has moved to an online system. You can either have your PRC emailed to you (in .pdf) form or mailed to you. You can still get your Police Record Check processed online at www.ottawapolice.ca/en/contact-us/Police-Record-Checks.aspx). It will cost $20 for your Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC), all volunteers will receive a Ravens branded hoodie in exchange for paying for their VSC.
- If you plan on leaving Ottawa for the summer, you will need to complete your PRC in your home district. Please note, the volunteer letter to receive a Toronto Police Record Check Form (PDF).
- If you are returning to Toronto for the summer, you must submit your PRC application using this form Toronto Police Record Check Form (PDF). This is not a volunteer letter, this form is just to allow a PRC to be completed. There is a processing fee at Toronto Police Services, all volunteers will receive a Ravens branded hoodie in exchange for paying for their VSC.
- Please note, you MUST print the Toronto Police Record Check form in 8.5×14 (legal size) for it to be accepted by the Toronto Police Records Office. If it is not printed in 8.5×14 (legal size) it will be rejected and you will have to resubmit it in its proper form.
- Online Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check (links to a new site). This page also outlines what a vulnerable sectors check is and how to fill out the online form.
- Ottawa Volunteer Letter (PDF). This letter allows your Police Record Check to be processed at an Ottawa Police station (if you are staying in Ottawa for the summer).
1) Reside in Ottawa for Summer 2020
2) Download the Ottawa Volunteer Letter (PDF)
3) Complete the online Vulnerable Sectors Police Record Check (links to a new site).
For all Fall Orientation Volunteers, please email your Police Record Check to email@example.com. with your name and Student ID in the subject line. Police Record Checks are due by August 1, 2020.
If you have any questions about your Police Record Check, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Co-Curricular Record (CCR) is a complimentary transcript that outlines a student’s extra-curricular activities from Carleton University. This document can be presented to future employers or Graduate Schools. A student who participates as a Fall Orientation volunteer is eligible for a CCR credit.
When adding Fall Orientation to your CCR, please ensure you search for it as an “activity”. Please do not submit it as a new position.
To learn more about the Co-Curricular Record, please visit the CCR website (links to a new site).