1. Fall Orientation Participation
  2. Ottawa Police Record Check Services
    1. Leaving Ottawa for the Summer
  3. Quick Links:
  4. To Complete a Police Record Check in Ottawa:
  5. I’ve received my PRC, what do I do?
  6. Co-Curricular Record

Fall Orientation Participation

In order to participate in Fall Orientation, you will need a Vulnerable Sector Check. This can be done through your local police station. Please note, if you do not have your Police Record Check (PRC) completed by Fall Orientation Week there will be NO EXCEPTIONS, and you will be unable to participate in the program this year.

Ottawa Police Record Check Services

The Ottawa Police Record Check Services has moved to an online system. You can either have your PRC emailed to you (in .pdf) form or mailed to you. While we prefer a mailed copy, we will accept a digital copy of your PRC. It is your responsibility to print out and bring in your digital copy, we will NOT print your digital PRC for you. You can still get your Police Record Check processed in person ONLY at the Queensview Location (2670 Queensview Drive).

Leaving Ottawa for the Summer

  • If you plan on leaving Ottawa for the summer, you will need to complete your PRC in your home district. Please note, the volunteer letter to receive a Toronto Police Record Check form (PDF). no charge PRC only works through Ottawa Police Services. If a PRC is being done outside of Ottawa, there is no guarantee that the PRC will be at no charge.
  • If you are returning to Toronto for the summer, you must submit your PRC application using this form Toronto Police Record Check form (PDF). This is not a volunteer letter, this form is just to allow a PRC to be completed. There is a processing fee at Toronto Police Services.
    • Please note, you MUST print the Toronto Police Record Check form in 8.5×14 (legal size) for it to be accepted by the Toronto Police Records Office. If it is not printed in 8.5×14 (legal size) it will be rejected and you will have to resubmit it in its proper form. 

Quick Links:

To Complete a Police Record Check in Ottawa:

1) Reside in Ottawa for Summer 2019
2) Download the Ottawa Volunteer Letter (PDF)
3) Complete the online Vulnerable Sectors Police Record Check (links to a new site).

I’ve received my PRC, what do I do?

If you are a Facilitator or Manager, please keep your Police Record Check until Orientation Volunteer Training which will be held on Friday, August 30, 2019 and is mandatory for all volunteers.  You will be exchanging your Police Record Check for your volunteer jersey.

If you are a Team Leader (Head Facilitator, Vice Head Facilitator, Head Raven, Raven, President, Vice President, or a Board of Director) you will be exchanging your Police Record Check for your volunteer jersey at Team Leader Orientation Volunteer Training, which will be held on Thursday, August 29, 2019.

If you have any questions about your Police Record Check, please email fallorientation@carleton.ca.

Co-Curricular Record

The Co-Curricular Record (CCR) is a complimentary transcript that outlines a student’s extra-curricular activities from Carleton University. This document can be presented to future employers or Graduate Schools. A student who participates as a Fall Orientation volunteer is eligible for a CCR credit.

When adding Fall Orientation to your CCR, please ensure you search for it as an “activity”.  Please do not submit it as a new position.

To learn more about the Co-Curricular Record, please visit the CCR website (links to a new site).