Looking for an edge? Food Science is now offering Co-op!
Co-op is an opportunity to integrate classroom knowledge with degree-specific work experience. It can accelerate development of professional skills, and increase networking opportunities. The Food Science Co-op consists of 12 months of work placement as one, two, or three distinct terms. Placements can include private and public sector positions, in laboratory and office settings.
Testimonials from some of our recent Co-op students
Plan ahead and consider the following eligibility criteria:
- Registered as a full-time student in the Bachelor of Science Honours in Food Science
- Obtained and maintained a major CGPA of 8.0 or higher and an overall CGPA of 6.5 or higher in the first three years of academic study
- Obtained third-year standing
- Successfully completed, by the start date of the first work term, 1.0 credit from FOOD 3001, FOOD 3002, FOOD 3005
- Successfully completed, by the start date of the first work term, an additional 0.5 credit at the 3000 or 4000-level, not already counted in Item 4
Food Science Co-op Sequence
|Term||YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3||YEAR 4||YEAR 5|
NEW: Click here to see the Food Science: Co-op Stream progression chart.
More information about Co-op can be found here: http://carleton.ca/co-op/new-students/.