Employee & Family Assistance Program
Personal problems can affect the lives of employees both at home and at work.
Carleton’s Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) is a free comprehensive program that is available to support faculty, staff and their families. EFAP’s short-term counselling services are confidential and include the following:
- 24/7 Access and Crisis Support
- 1.800 Voice and TTY accessible from anywhere in North America
- Offers immediate crisis support and stabilization, crisis counselling, assessment, and referral services
- Personal Counselling
- Effective short-term, professional counselling for individuals, couples, and families
- Available as telephone, e-counselling, or video sessions
- Able to address a broad range of mental health issues and concerns that include anxiety, depression, stress, traumatic experiences, family and parenting concerns, relationship challenges, substance use concerns and addictions, grief/loss, struggles with change or life transitions, and more.
Service is provided by the Family Services à la famille Ottawa, a private, non-profit agency which has served the Ottawa-Carleton community for over 90 years. It is staffed by professional counsellors and allied professionals who are trained to deal with a wide range of family and individual problems. Family Services à la famille Ottawa is a member agency of the United Way.
To Book An Appointment
Call the number below and identify yourself as a Carleton University employee or family member. Your first appointment can be booked within 72 hours of your call.
Family Services à la famille Ottawa
312 Parkdale Ave., Ottawa, ON
Mon.-Fri. 9:00am to 5:00pm
(Some evening appointments are available)
Telephone: (613) 725-5676
After Hours Emergencies: 1-844-720-1212