Professor Paul Litt, professor in the School of Indigenous and Canadian Studies and the Department of History, has been featured in several news articles due to interest in his new book, Trudeaumania, published by UBC Press. Click on the links below for the full stories.
- How TV made Pierre Trudeau a celebrity and political force, Toronto Star
The powerful medium loved him, giving him an edge over his 1968 rivals and turning him into a celebrity, writes Paul Litt in this excerpt from Trudeaumania.
- Pierre Trudeau’s stalwart defence of federalism gave Canada hope, Hill Times
When Trudeau the Younger said ‘Canada is back,’ it was his father’s Canada that he was invoking. Canada’s formative 1960s are already commemorated in our current choice of a prime minister.
- Book Review: Two new books about Trudeaumania paint a portrait of an extraordinary man, Globe and Mail
Two history professors take stock of Trudeaumania
- Trudeaumania Book, CBC Ottawa, Morning of October 17th
It took just a few short months for a relatively unknown politician to become Canada’s new Prime Minister.
- Hour 1 of Ottawa Now with Evan Solomon from October 17th, 2016 (link no longer available)
- Trudeaumania, 1968, TVO The Agenda with Steve Paiken, October 19th, 2016
The euphoria over the election of Justin Trudeau and early days of a young, new government, hearken back to 1968.
- Upcoming Interview with the Hill Times will be published on Monday, October 24th, 2016.