- Step 1. Download the Microsoft Authenticator App
- Step 2. Configure the Microsoft Authenticator
- Step 3. Enrol in Multi-Factor Authentication
Students can follow the steps below in the order provided to onboard themselves to Azure multi-factor authentication.
Before you Begin
- All steps must be followed in the order provided.
- If accessibility issues prevent you from using any of the available authentication methods, please contact the Service Desk.
- Start by downloading the Microsoft Authenticator app. Direct links to the app are available through this link. There is no need to open the app at this step in the process.
If you already have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on your mobile device, please proceed to Step 2.
To configure the Microsoft Authenticator, follow these steps:
- Login to your Microsoft profile at aka.ms/mysecurityinfo using your @cmail.carleton.ca account.
- Click + Add sign-in, then click ‘Authenticator App’ in the drop-down menu and follow the steps that are listed, then proceed to Step 3.
- Visit this page to complete your enrolment in multi-factor authentication. If an error appears, please contact the ITS Service Desk for assistance.