Request a Resource Calendar (rooms/equipment)
Resource calendars can be created for booking a room, equipment (such as a shared laptop) or for administrative purposes (to record important dates/events for example). This service is only available to staff.
Submit a request with the details of your request to the Service Desk via the Customer Portal
Uses and features
- Provides a central calendar that can be opened and booked in Outlook. Calendar resources are booked by sending a meeting invitation to them.
- Enables departments to implement a booking system for shared resources, such meeting rooms or pieces of equipment.
- The registered admins of the resource calendar can add add/remove users of the calendar themselves.
How do I Open a Resource Calendar?
- Open Calendar in Outlook, right-click on the title “My Calendars”.
- Select “Add Calendar => From Address Book” and search the Global Address List (GAL) for the name of the calendar ex: !ITS-TestRoom
The naming convention within the Global Address Book for these calendars:
For a room, the calendar would be named using the following format:
Example: !ITS RoomTest or !ITS LoanerLaptop
Access to a resource calendar can be limited if requested