- Position Details and Expectations
Tutors work one-on-one with registered PMC students to help support the students’ understanding of course material. Tutors also support student(s) in developing learning and study strategies to foster future success and academic independence. In some cases, Tutors will also refer students to additional on-campus resources, supports and services if required.
- Check-in with supervisor:
- Annually for availability
- Regularly for scheduling
- Complete the AODA and PMC training (provided)
- Arrive on time and prepared for scheduled shifts
- Be patient, empathetic, and maintain confidentiality
- Have a comprehensive understanding and mastery of course content
- Be creative and flexible when coming up with ways to work with others
- Be able to create and maintain professional boundaries
- Supervisor is available by email and/or phone
- Work environment noise levels are determined by setting, which is set by the student and tutor
- Tutoring appointments will take place on Carleton campus at a mutually agreed upon location
- Tutor Rates/Payment are determined on a sliding scale, based on academic level, experience, and training
- Flexible – approximately 2 hours per week per student taken-on
- Time of day determined by the students and tutors
- Contribute to the culture of accessibility and effect positive change at Carleton University
- Acquire sought after knowledge, skills and experiences for future employment
- Gain references and experience to put on your resume and discuss at your interview
The Paul Menton Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline to Apply: Ongoing
If you are interested in applying to become a PMC Tutor please fill and submit the form below.
- You will be called if there is a match with your qualifications and a student’s request.
- If accepted, you will sign a contract with the PMC and you will be given the student’s contact information.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at:
or call 613-520-6608.