To All Members of the Carleton Community,
I am pleased to announce the constitution of the search committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Science. Thank you to all who submitted your names and/or forwarded nominations for membership on this committee. Executive search consultant Laverne Smith, from Laverne Smith & Associates Inc., will assist the committee in this search. We will begin meeting in the fall and will continue until the appointment is completed. The intended start date for the new dean is July 1, 2018.
An email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) has been set up and the committee invites members of the Carleton community to submit any suggestions regarding the challenges and opportunities you think the new dean will face, and the ideal qualities and skills you think the committee should look for in reviewing candidates for the position. The committee will treat all comments received by the search committee in strictest confidence.
In collaboration with our executive search firm, there will also be a process of consultation with senior administration, and with faculty, staff and student leaders in the Faculty of Science. We will soon be asking them to complete a brief online survey. I encourage members of the Faculty of Science to take the time to participate in this questionnaire to aid the committee in its mandate to find the best possible dean.
We will continue to provide you with updates as the search progresses.
Chair, Faculty of Science Decanal Search Committee
The members of the Faculty of Science Decanal Search Committee are as follows:
- Jerry Tomberlin, Chair and Interim Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
- Fred Afagh, Interim Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Design
- Val Pereboom, Professional Services Staff Representative; Executive Assistant to the Dean, Faculty of Science
- Andrea Lawrance, Vice-President (Research and International) Representative; Interim Director, Carleton Office for Research Initiatives and Services
- Erin Vanzyl, Graduate Student Representative, Department of Biology
- Doug Howe, Professor and Director, School of Computer Science
- Jenny Bruin, Assistant Professor, Department of Biology
- Kevin Cheung, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Rowan Thomson, Associate Professor, Department of Physics
- Anatoli Ianoul, Professor, Department of Chemistry
- Michael Hildebrand, Assistant Professor, Department of Neuroscience
Committee Support: Laverne Smith, Laverne Smith & Associates, Executive Search Consultant; Greg Bugler, Human Resources Partner, Rosemary O’Hearn, Executive Assistant to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
More News Posts
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Canada-U.S. Relations
Academic Unit: Norman Paterson School of International Affairs Category of Appointment: Research Chair Field of Specialization: Canada-U.S. Relations Rank/Position Title: Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Canada-U.S. Relations Start Date: September... More
Dean of Faculty of Engineering and Design advisory search committee constituted
To all Members of the Carleton Community, I am pleased to announce the constitution of the advisory search committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Design. Thank... More
Sprott School of Business (Finance) – Professor
Field of Specialization: Finance Category of Appointment: Sprott School of Business Rank/Position Title: Professor Start Date: July 1, 2019 Closing Date: Applications Will Be Reviewed Starting September 15, 2018 and... More