To all Members of the Carleton Community,
I am pleased to announce the re-constitution of the search committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS). The search committee, an advisory committee to the president, had its first meeting on May 18, 2017. Its first task is to create a position profile and job advertisement so that the position can be advertised. The committee will begin reviewing applications later in the fall and will continue until the appointment is completed. Ideally, the start date for the new dean will be July 1, 2018.
An email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) has been set up and the committee invites members of the Carleton community to submit any suggestions you may have regarding the challenges and opportunities that you think the new dean will face, and the ideal qualities and skills that you think the committee should look for in reviewing candidates for the position.
All comments received by the search committee will be treated in strictest confidence. Please note that anonymous comments will not be considered and all submissions to the search committee must respect the values of ethical and considerate behaviour and Carleton’s Human Rights Policy and Procedures. The chair of the search committee, in consultation with the members of the committee, reserves the right not to forward comments to the committee that do not respect these values.
Comments should be marked confidential and submitted to Jerry Tomberlin, Chair of the Search Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences by email to email@example.com or in writing to Office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic), Tory Building, Suite 503, Carleton University.
We will continue to update you on the progress of this search in the coming months.
Interim Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
Chair, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Decanal Search Committee
The members of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Decanal Search Committee are as follows:
- Jerry Tomberlin, Interim Provost and Vice-President (Academic), and Chair
- Lily Akagbosu, CUSA Undergraduate Student Representative
- Michael Brklacich, Chancellor’s Professor, Geography & Environmental Studies, and Associate Dean (Research and Graduate Studies)
- Sandra Crocker, Associate Vice-President (Research Planning and Operations)
- Randall Gess, Professor and Joint Chair, Department of French
- Darlene Gilson, Research Facilitator, FASS
- Kahente Horn-Miller, Assistant Professor, School of Indigenous and Canadian Studies
- Ed Kane, Assistant Vice-President (University Services)
- Joy Mighty, Associate Vice-President (Teaching and Learning)
- James Miller, Associate Professor, Department of History
- André Plourde, Dean, Faculty of Public Affairs
- Joanna Pozzulo, Professor and Chair, Department of Psychology
Committee Support: Laverne Smith, Laverne Smith & Associates, Executive Search Consultant; Greg Bugler, Human Resources Partner; Rosemary O’Hearn, Executive Assistant to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
More News Posts
Carleton Renews Affiliation Agreement with Dominican University College
Carleton University has renewed its affiliation agreement with Dominican University Collegeinvolving non-ecclesiastical programs and academic degrees. The agreement was signed by Carleton President Benoit-Antoine Bacon and Dominican President Maxime Allard on... More
Fellow-in-Residence – Public Affairs (Global and International Projects)
Field of Specialization: Global and International Projects Academic Unit: Kroeger College of Public Affairs Category of Appointment: Visiting Professor Rank/Position Title: Fellow in Residence Start Date: September 1, 2019... More
Visiting Professor – Public Affairs (Global and International Studies)
Field of Specialization: Global and International Studies Academic Unit: Kroeger College of Public Affairs Category of Appointment: Visiting Professor Rank/Position Title: Visiting Professor Start Date: September 1, 2019 or... More