To all Members of the Carleton Community,
I am pleased to announce the re-constitution of the search committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS). The search committee, an advisory committee to the president, had its first meeting on May 18, 2017. Its first task is to create a position profile and job advertisement so that the position can be advertised. The committee will begin reviewing applications later in the fall and will continue until the appointment is completed. Ideally, the start date for the new dean will be July 1, 2018.
An email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) has been set up and the committee invites members of the Carleton community to submit any suggestions you may have regarding the challenges and opportunities that you think the new dean will face, and the ideal qualities and skills that you think the committee should look for in reviewing candidates for the position.
All comments received by the search committee will be treated in strictest confidence. Please note that anonymous comments will not be considered and all submissions to the search committee must respect the values of ethical and considerate behaviour and Carleton’s Human Rights Policy and Procedures. The chair of the search committee, in consultation with the members of the committee, reserves the right not to forward comments to the committee that do not respect these values.
Comments should be marked confidential and submitted to Jerry Tomberlin, Chair of the Search Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences by email to email@example.com or in writing to Office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic), Tory Building, Suite 503, Carleton University.
We will continue to update you on the progress of this search in the coming months.
Interim Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
Chair, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Decanal Search Committee
The members of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Decanal Search Committee are as follows:
- Jerry Tomberlin, Interim Provost and Vice-President (Academic), and Chair
- Lily Akagbosu, CUSA Undergraduate Student Representative
- Michael Brklacich, Chancellor’s Professor, Geography & Environmental Studies, and Associate Dean (Research and Graduate Studies)
- Sandra Crocker, Associate Vice-President (Research Planning and Operations)
- Randall Gess, Professor and Joint Chair, Department of French
- Darlene Gilson, Research Facilitator, FASS
- Eric Hitsman, President of GSA, Graduate Student Representative
- Kahente Horn-Miller, Assistant Professor, School of Indigenous and Canadian Studies
- Ed Kane, Assistant Vice-President (University Services)
- Joy Mighty, Associate Vice-President (Teaching and Learning)
- James Miller, Associate Professor, Department of History
- André Plourde, Dean, Faculty of Public Affairs
- Joanna Pozzulo, Professor and Chair, Department of Psychology
Committee Support: Michelle Cosh, Human Resources Partner; Rosemary O’Hearn, Executive Assistant to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic).
More News Posts
Public Policy and Administration (Indigenous Policy and Administration) – Assistant Professor
Academic unit: Public Policy and Administration Category of appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Field of specialization: Indigenous Policy and Administration Rank/Position title: Assistant Professor Start date: 1 July 2018 Closing date for... More
Health Sciences (Public Health Sciences) – Assistant Professor
Academic unit: Health Sciences Category of appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Field of specialization: Public Health Sciences Rank/Position title: Assistant Professor Start date: January 1, 2018 Closing date for applications: October 31,... More
Librarian (Legal Studies), Term
Academic unit: Maxwell MacOdrum Library Category of appointment: Two Year Term Rank/Position title : Legal Studies Librarian Start date: October 1, 2017 Closing date: Applications will be reviewed starting August... More
Journalism & Communication: Digital Media Storytelling & Design-Assoc. Prof.
Academic unit: Journalism and Communication Category of appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Field of specialization: Digital media storytelling and online design Rank/Position title: Associate Professor Start date: July 1, 2018 Closing date... More