To all Members of the Carleton Community,
I am pleased to announce the re-constitution of the search committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS). The search committee, an advisory committee to the president, had its first meeting on May 18, 2017. Its first task is to create a position profile and job advertisement so that the position can be advertised. The committee will begin reviewing applications later in the fall and will continue until the appointment is completed. Ideally, the start date for the new dean will be July 1, 2018.
An email address (email@example.com) has been set up and the committee invites members of the Carleton community to submit any suggestions you may have regarding the challenges and opportunities that you think the new dean will face, and the ideal qualities and skills that you think the committee should look for in reviewing candidates for the position.
All comments received by the search committee will be treated in strictest confidence. Please note that anonymous comments will not be considered and all submissions to the search committee must respect the values of ethical and considerate behaviour and Carleton’s Human Rights Policy and Procedures. The chair of the search committee, in consultation with the members of the committee, reserves the right not to forward comments to the committee that do not respect these values.
Comments should be marked confidential and submitted to Jerry Tomberlin, Chair of the Search Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic), Tory Building, Suite 503, Carleton University.
We will continue to update you on the progress of this search in the coming months.
Interim Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
Chair, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Decanal Search Committee
The members of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Decanal Search Committee are as follows:
- Jerry Tomberlin, Interim Provost and Vice-President (Academic), and Chair
- Lily Akagbosu, CUSA Undergraduate Student Representative
- Michael Brklacich, Chancellor’s Professor, Geography & Environmental Studies, and Associate Dean (Research and Graduate Studies)
- Sandra Crocker, Associate Vice-President (Research Planning and Operations)
- Randall Gess, Professor and Joint Chair, Department of French
- Darlene Gilson, Research Facilitator, FASS
- Kahente Horn-Miller, Assistant Professor, School of Indigenous and Canadian Studies
- Ed Kane, Assistant Vice-President (University Services)
- Joy Mighty, Associate Vice-President (Teaching and Learning)
- James Miller, Associate Professor, Department of History
- André Plourde, Dean, Faculty of Public Affairs
- Joanna Pozzulo, Professor and Chair, Department of Psychology
Committee Support: Laverne Smith, Laverne Smith & Associates, Executive Search Consultant; Greg Bugler, Human Resources Partner; Rosemary O’Hearn, Executive Assistant to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
More News Posts
Political Science (Global Politics) – Assistant Professor
Field of Specialization: Global Politics Academic Unit: Political Science Category of Appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Rank/Position Title: Assistant Professor Start Date: July 1, 2019 Closing Date: Consideration of complete applications will... More
Public Policy and Administration (Indigenous Policy and Administration) – Assistant or Associate Professor
Field of Specialization: Indigenous Policy and Administration Academic Unit: Public Policy and Administration Category of Appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Rank/Position Title: Assistant or Associate Professor Start Date: July 1, 2019 Closing... More
Computer Science (Data Science/Analytics/AI) – Assistant Professor
Field of Specialization: Data Science/Data Analytics/Al Academic Unit: Computer Science Category of Appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Rank/Position Title: Assistant Professor Start Date: July 1, 2019 Closing Date: December 1, 2018 About... More