To all Members of the Carleton Community:
I am pleased to announce the constitution of the search committee for the Dean of the Sprott School of Business. Thank you to all who submitted your names and/or forwarded nominations for membership on this committee. The committee will be having its first meeting soon. One of its initial tasks will be to create a position profile and job advertisement so that the position can be advertised. The committee will be assisted by an executive search consultant to be identified later this month. It will begin reviewing applications later in the fall and will continue until the appointment is completed. Ideally, the start date for the new dean will be July 1, 2018.
An email address (email@example.com) has been set up and the committee invites members of the Carleton community to submit any suggestions you may have regarding the challenges and opportunities that you think the new dean will face, and the ideal qualities and skills that you think the committee should look for in reviewing candidates for the position. All comments received by the search committee will be treated in strictest confidence. Please note that anonymous comments will not be considered and all submissions to the search committee must respect the values of ethical and considerate behaviour and Carleton’s Human Rights Policy and Procedures. The chair of the search committee, in consultation with the members of the committee, reserves the right not to forward comments to the committee that do not respect these values.
Comments should be marked confidential and submitted to Wallace Clement, Chair of the Search Committee for the Dean of the Sprott School of Business by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic), Tory Building, Suite 503, Carleton University.
We will continue to update you on the progress of this search in the coming months.
Chair, Sprott School of Business Decanal Search Committee
The members of the Sprott School of Business Decanal Search Committee are as follows:
- Wallace Clement, Chair; and Interim Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Ikenchukwu Alex-Onyeagwu, Master’s Student Representative, President, MBA Society
- Merridee Bujaki, Faculty Representative, Associate Professor, Accounting; and Director, Centre for Research and Education on Women and Work (CREWW)
- Ian Cahill, PhD Student Representative
- Jennifer Conley, Senior Administration Representative, Chief Advancement Officer, Department of University Advancement
- Hanna Di Virgilio, Undergraduate Student Representative, President, Sprott Business Students’ Society
- Linda Duxbury, Faculty Representative, Professor, Management and Strategy
- Katie LeBlanc, Professional Services Staff Representative, Business Career Coordinator
- Leighann Neilson, Faculty Representative, Associate Professor, Marketing
- Howard Nemiroff, Faculty Representative, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies; and Associate Professor, Finance
Committee Support: Laverne Smith, Laverne Smith & Associates, Executive Search Consultant; Michelle Cosh, Human Resources Partner; Rosemary O’Hearn, Executive Assistant to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
More News Posts
Social Work (Social Work Research) – Associate Professor
Academic unit: Social Work Category of appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Field of specialization: Social Work Research Rank/Position title: Associate Professor Start date: July 1, 2018 Closing date for applications: Consideration of... More
Journalism and Communication (Journalism) – Professorial Ranks
Academic unit: Journalism and Communication Category of appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Field of specialization: Digital Science Journalism Rank/Position title: Assistant or Associate Professor Start date: July 1, 2018 Closing date for... More
Criminology and Criminal Justice – Instructor I, Term
Academic unit: Criminology and Criminal Justice Category of appointment: Term (2 Years) Field of specialization: Criminology and Criminal Justice or Related Field Rank/Position title: Instructor I Start date: July 1,... More
Computer Science (Data Science/Analytics/AI/Systems) – Assistant Professor
Academic unit: Computer Science Category of appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Field of specialization: Data Science/Data Analytics/AI/Systems Rank/Position title: Assistant Professor – 4 POSITIONS Start date: July 1, 2018 Closing date for... More