To all Members of the Carleton Community,
I am pleased to announce the constitution of the advisory search committee for the Dean of the Sprott School of Business.
Thank you to all who submitted your names and/or forwarded nominations for membership on this committee. Executive search consultant Laverne Smith, from Laverne Smith & Associates Inc., will assist the committee. Our first meeting was last week and we will begin meeting again in the fall in order to prepare a recommendation for the president. The intended start date for the new dean is July 1, 2019.
An email address (email@example.com) has been set up and the committee invites members of the Carleton community to submit comments or nominations to aid the committee in its mandate to find the best possible dean. The committee will treat all comments received in strictest confidence.
We will continue to provide you with updates as the search progresses.
The members of the Sprott School of Business decanal advisory search committee are as follows:
- Jerry Tomberlin, Interim Provost and Vice-President (Academic) and Chair, Sprott School of Business decanal advisory search committee
- Tony Bailetti, Associate Professor, Entrepreneurship; Director, Technology Innovation Management master’s program (faculty representative)
- Merridee Bujaki, Professor, Accounting; Director, Centre for Research and Education on Women and Work (faculty representative)
- Jennifer Conley, Chief Advancement Officer, Department of University Advancement (senior administration representative)
- Angela Dionisi, Assistant Professor, Management (faculty representative)
- Mike Hine, Associate Professor, Information Systems (faculty representative)
- Katie LeBlanc, Business Career Coordinator (professional services staff representative)
- Howard Nemiroff, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies; Associate Professor, Finance (faculty representative)
- Pauline Rankin, Incoming Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (dean representative)
- Graduate student representative (vacant seat)
- Sprott Business Students’ Society representative (vacant seat)
Committee support: Laverne Smith, Laverne Smith & Associates, Executive Search Consultant; Rosemary Graves, Human Resources Partner; Rosemary O’Hearn, Executive Assistant to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
Chair, Sprott School of Business decanal advisory search committee
More News Posts
Board of Governors Unanimously Approves Collective Agreement with CUASA
June 21, 2018 To all Members of the Carleton Community, Carleton University’s Board of Governors have unanimously approved a new, four-year collective agreement with the Carleton University Academic Staff Association.... More
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in North American Integration
Academic Unit: Political Science Category of Appointment: Research Chair Field of Specialization: North American Integration Rank/Position Title: Fulbright Canada Research Chair in North American Integration Start Date: September 2019 or... More
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Canada-U.S. Relations
Academic Unit: Norman Paterson School of International Affairs Category of Appointment: Research Chair Field of Specialization: Canada-U.S. Relations Rank/Position Title: Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Canada-U.S. Relations Start Date: September... More