To all Members of the Carleton Community,
I am pleased to announce the constitution of the advisory search committee for the Dean of the Sprott School of Business.
Thank you to all who submitted your names and/or forwarded nominations for membership on this committee. Executive search consultant Laverne Smith, from Laverne Smith & Associates Inc., will assist the committee. Our first meeting was last week and we will begin meeting again in the fall in order to prepare a recommendation for the president. The intended start date for the new dean is July 1, 2019.
An email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) has been set up and the committee invites members of the Carleton community to submit comments or nominations to aid the committee in its mandate to find the best possible dean. The committee will treat all comments received in strictest confidence.
We will continue to provide you with updates as the search progresses.
The members of the Sprott School of Business decanal advisory search committee are as follows:
- Jerry Tomberlin, Interim Provost and Vice-President (Academic) and Chair, Sprott School of Business decanal advisory search committee
- Tony Bailetti, Associate Professor, Entrepreneurship; Director, Technology Innovation Management master’s program (faculty representative)
- Merridee Bujaki, Professor, Accounting (faculty representative)
- Jennifer Conley, Chief Advancement Officer, Department of University Advancement (senior administration representative)
- Angela Dionisi, Assistant Professor, Management (faculty representative)
- Hanna Divirgilio, President, Sprott Business Students’ Society (undergraduate student representative)
- Mike Hine, Associate Professor, Information Systems (faculty representative)
- Katie LeBlanc, Business Career Coordinator (professional services staff representative)
- Howard Nemiroff, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies; Associate Professor, Finance (faculty representative)
- Lucille Perreault (graduate student representative)
- Pauline Rankin, Incoming Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (dean representative)
Committee support: Laverne Smith, Laverne Smith & Associates, Executive Search Consultant; Greg Bugler, Human Resources Partner; Rosemary O’Hearn, Executive Assistant to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
Chair, Sprott School of Business decanal advisory search committee
More News Posts
Provost establishes $50,000 experiential learning fund
A new $50,000 fund will provide faculty, instructors and learning support staff with financial support to integrate experiential learning components into academic courses or programs at Carleton University. Interim Provost... More
Assistant Professor – History (Canadian History)
Field of Specialization: Canadian History Academic Unit: History Category of Appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Rank/Position Title: Assistant Professor Start Date: July 1, 2019 Closing Date: December 7, 2018 About the... More
Assistant Professor – Systems and Computer Engineering (Cybersecurity)
Academic Unit: Systems and Computer Engineering Category of Appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Field of Specialization: Cybersecurity Rank/Position Title: Assistant Professor Start Date: July 1, 2019 Closing Date: Consideration of applications will... More
Assistant Professor – Linguistics and Language Studies (Pyscholinguistics and Communication Disorders)
Field of Specialization: Psycholinguistics and Communication Disorders Academic Unit: Linguistics and Language Studies Category of Appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-track) Rank/Position Title: Assistant Professor Start Date: July 1, 2019 Closing Date: November... More