To all Members of the Carleton Community,
I am pleased to announce the constitution of the advisory search committee for the Dean of the Sprott School of Business.
Thank you to all who submitted your names and/or forwarded nominations for membership on this committee. Executive search consultant Laverne Smith, from Laverne Smith & Associates Inc., will assist the committee. Our first meeting was last week and we will begin meeting again in the fall in order to prepare a recommendation for the president. The intended start date for the new dean is July 1, 2019.
An email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) has been set up and the committee invites members of the Carleton community to submit comments or nominations to aid the committee in its mandate to find the best possible dean. The committee will treat all comments received in strictest confidence.
We will continue to provide you with updates as the search progresses.
The members of the Sprott School of Business decanal advisory search committee are as follows:
- Jerry Tomberlin, Interim Provost and Vice-President (Academic) and Chair, Sprott School of Business decanal advisory search committee
- Tony Bailetti, Associate Professor, Entrepreneurship; Director, Technology Innovation Management master’s program (faculty representative)
- Merridee Bujaki, Professor, Accounting; Director, Centre for Research and Education on Women and Work (faculty representative)
- Jennifer Conley, Chief Advancement Officer, Department of University Advancement (senior administration representative)
- Angela Dionisi, Assistant Professor, Management (faculty representative)
- Hanna Divirgilio, President, Sprott Business Students’ Society (undergraduate student representative)
- Mike Hine, Associate Professor, Information Systems (faculty representative)
- Katie LeBlanc, Business Career Coordinator (professional services staff representative)
- Howard Nemiroff, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies; Associate Professor, Finance (faculty representative)
- Lucille Perreault (graduate student representative)
- Pauline Rankin, Incoming Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (dean representative)
Committee support: Laverne Smith, Laverne Smith & Associates, Executive Search Consultant; Rosemary Graves, Human Resources Partner; Rosemary O’Hearn, Executive Assistant to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
Chair, Sprott School of Business decanal advisory search committee
More News Posts
Indigenous and Canadian Studies (Indigenous Studies) – Associate Professor
Academic Unit: School of Indigenous and Canadian Studies Category of Appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-track) Field of Specialization: Indigenous Studies Rank/Position Title: Associate Professor Start Date: January 1 or July 1,... More
Indigenous and Canadian Studies (Indigenous Studies) – Assistant Professor
Field of Specialization: Indigenous Studies Academic Unit: Indigenous and Canadian Studies Category of Appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Rank/Position Title: Assistant Professor Start Date: January 1 or July 1, 2019 Closing Date:... More
Studies in Art and Culture (Film Studies) – Assistant Professor
Field of Specialization: Film Studies, Asian Cinema and Media Cultures Academic Unit: Studies in Art and Culture Category of Appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track) Rank/Position Title: Assistant Professor Start Date: July... More
Sprott School of Business (Accounting) – Professorial Ranks
Academic unit: Sprott School of Business Category of appointment: Preliminary (tenure-track) Field of specialization: Accounting Rank/Position title: Professorial Ranks Start date: July 1, 2019 Closing date for applications: October... More