We have contracted executive search firm Laverne Smith & Associates to assist us with this search.
Friday, September 20, 2019
Faculty of Public Affairs Dean Search Update #3
The advisory search committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Public Affairs continues it work and remains on schedule. The committee is engaged and continues to meet. We will inform the Carleton community when a further...
Monday, June 3, 2019
Provide Your Input in the Search for a New FPA Dean
To All Members of the Carleton Community, I am pleased to announce that the Advisory Search Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Public Affairs has been formed. A list of committee...
Advisory Search Committee
- Jerry Tomberlin, Provost and Vice-President (Academic) and Chair
- Betina Appel Kuzmarov, Clerk of Senate and Assistant Professor, Law and Legal Studies (faculty representative)
- Nicolas Carrier, Associate Professor, Institute of Criminology and Criminal Justice (faculty representative)
- Sissi De Flaviis, School of Journalism and Communication (undergraduate student representative)
- Susan Harada, Associate Professor, and Interim Director, School of Journalism and Communication (faculty representative)
- David Hornsby, Associate Vice-President (Teaching and Learning) and Professor, Norman Paterson School of International Affairs (senior administration/faculty representative)
- Hashmat Khan, Professor and Chair, Department of Economics (faculty representative)
- Jonathan Malloy, Professor, Department of Political Science (faculty representative)
- Pauline Rankin, Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (dean representative)
- Kyla Reid, Research Facilitator, Faculty of Public Affairs (professional services staff representative)
- Jennifer Robson, Associate Professor, Political Management, Arthur Kroeger College (faculty representative)
- Phil Ryan, Associate Professor, School of Public Policy and Administration (faculty representative)
- Karen Schwartz, Associate Vice-President (Research) and Professor, School of Social Work (senior administration/faculty representative)
- Amanda Roberts, PhD Candidate, Department of Political Science (graduate student representative)
Committee Support: Laverne Smith, Laverne Smith & Associates, Executive Search Consultant; Greg Bugler, Human Resources Partner; Rosemary O’Hearn, Executive Assistant to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)