Decanal Search Updates
Monday, September 13, 2021
Deadline Extended to Provide Input in the Search for a New Dean of Science
To All Members of the Carleton Community, The advisory search committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Science has now been formed and a list of members is available online....
Friday, August 13, 2021
Provide Your Input in the Search for a New Dean of Science
To All Members of the Carleton Community, We have embarked on the process of selecting a Dean for the Faculty of Science. We have engaged Laverne Smith & Associates Inc. to assist us...
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Maria DeRosa Appointed Interim Dean of Science
Prof. Maria DeRosa has been appointed Interim Dean in Carleton University’s Faculty of Science, effective Aug. 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. DeRosa is a professor in the Department of Chemistry and the Institute of...
Advisory Search Committee Membership
- Jerry Tomberlin, Provost and Vice-President (Academic); Chair, Dean of Science Advisory Search Committee
- Michel Barbeau, Professor and Director, School of Computer Science (faculty representative)
- Jasmine Chihabi, Chemistry (undergraduate student representative)
- Catherine Cullingham, Assistant Professor, Biology (faculty representative)
- Rafik Goubran, Vice-President (Research and International) (senior administration representative)
- Farah Hosseinian, Professor, Chemistry (faculty representative)
- Rebecca Kalinger, Biology; Biochemistry (PhD student representative)
- Larry Kostiuk, Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Design (dean representative)
- James Mungall, Professor, Earth Sciences (faculty representative)
- Rowan Thomson, Professor, Physics and Assistant Dean (Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) (faculty representative)
- Paul Villeneuve, Professor, Mathematics and Statistics; Neuroscience (faculty representative)
- Lily Visanuvimol, Science Student Success Team Lead (professional services staff representative)
Committee support: Laverne Smith, President, Laverne Smith & Associates Inc.; John Nelson, Executive Assistant to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)