The Organizational Excellence Steering Committee (OESC) issues calls for Quality Improvement project proposals. Every Carleton staff or faculty member is encouraged to submit a project proposal that would maximize operational or organizational quality at Carleton. This can include, but is not limited to, projects that enhance services, analyze operations, assess programs, or adopt best practices.
Quality Improvement project proposals are reviewed, approved, and prioritized by the OESC; and once in action are overseen from initiation through to implementation and closure by this committee.
The OESC Committee meets once a month to receive project progress updates, report outs, and review proposals.
The composition of the OESC is as follows:
- Vice-President (Finance and Administration) – Michel Piché
- Vice-President (Students & Enrolment) and University Registrar – Suzanne Blanchard
- Assistant Vice-President, Human Resources – Rob Thomas
- Assistant Vice-President, Institutional Research and Planning – Bruce Winer
- Assistant Vice-President, University Services – Ed Kane
- Assistant Vice-President, Facilities Management and Planning – Darryl Boyce
- Chief Information Officer, Computing and Communications Services – Denis Levesque
- Dean, Faculty of Science – Malcolm Butler
- Faculty member (Civil & Environmental Engineering) – Paul Van Geel
- Director, Office of Quality Initiatives – Cindy Taylor
- Project Sponsors/Owners – vary based on current projects
- Senior Quality Advisor, Office of Quality Initiatives