The Organizational Excellence Steering Committee (OESC) reviews and prioritizes quality improvement initiatives, overseeing these projects from initiation to implementation and closure. All administrative and academic units are encouraged to submit project proposals for their area that would maximize operational or organizational quality at Carleton. This can include, but is not limited to, projects that enhance services, analyze operations, assess programs, or adopt best practices.
The OESC meets six times a year to receive project progress updates, report-outs, and to review proposals.
The composition of the OESC is as follows:
- Associate Vice-President, Human Resources – Cindy Taylor
- Director, Office of Quality Initiatives – Nancy Arnold
- Associate Dean (Faculty Affairs), Faculty of Science – Sue Bertram
- Associate Vice-President, Recreation and Athletics – Jennifer Brenning
- Associate Vice-President, Strategic Initiatives and Operations – Sandra Crocker
- Deputy Provost (Academic Operations and Planning) – Catherine Khordoc
- Executive Director, Risk Management Services – Peter Leland
- Associate Vice-President, Institutional Research and Planning – Nathasha Macdonald
- Controller, Finance Office – Kevin Mann
- Associate Vice-President, Facilities Management and Planning – Gary Nower
- Associate Vice-President and Chief Information Officer, ITS – Valerie Turner
- Project Sponsors/Owners – varies based on current projects.
Benchmarking and Lean Process Review Projects