The Organizational Excellence Steering Committee (OESC) reviews and prioritizes quality improvement initiatives, overseeing these projects from initiation to implementation and closure. All administrative and academic units are encouraged to submit project proposals for their area that would maximize operational or organizational quality at Carleton. This can include, but is not limited to, projects that enhance services, analyze operations, assess programs, or adopt best practices.
The OESC meets six times a year to receive project progress updates, report outs, and review proposals.
The composition of the OESC is as follows:
- Assistant Vice-President (Human Resources) – Cindy Taylor
- Vice-President (Students & Enrolment) and University Registrar – Suzanne Blanchard
- Assistant Vice-President, Facilities Management and Planning – Gary Nower
- Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences – Pauline Rankin
- Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President (Academic) – Catherine Khordoc
- University Services – Kevin Mann
- Chief Information Officer, ITS – Marc Dabros
- Director, Office of Quality Initiatives – Nancy Arnold
- Assistant Vice-President, Institutional Research and Planning – Nathasha Macdonald
- Project Sponsors/Owners – vary based on current projects
Benchmarking and Lean Process Review Projects