The Organizational Excellence Steering Committee (OESC) reviews and prioritizes quality improvement initiatives, overseeing these projects from initiation to implementation and closure. All administrative and academic units are encouraged to submit project proposals for their area that would maximize operational or organizational quality at Carleton. This can include, but is not limited to, projects that enhance services, analyze operations, assess programs, or adopt best practices.
Quality Improvement project proposals are reviewed, approved, and prioritized by the OESC; and once in action are overseen from initiation through to implementation and closure by this committee.
The OESC Committee meets once a month to receive project progress updates, report outs, and review proposals.
The composition of the OESC is as follows:
- Vice-President (Finance and Administration) – Michel Piché
- Vice-President (Students & Enrolment) and University Registrar – Suzanne Blanchard
- Assistant Vice-President, Facilities Management and Planning – Darryl Boyce
- Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences – Wallace Clement
- Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President (Academic) – Lorraine Dyke
- Assistant Vice-President, University Services – Ed Kane
- Chief Information Officer, Computing and Communications Services – Denis Levesque
- Director, Office of Quality Initiatives – Cindy Taylor
- Assistant Vice-President, Human Resources – Rob Thomas
- Faculty member– Paul Van Geel (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
- Assistant Vice-President, Institutional Research and Planning – Bruce Winer
- Project Sponsors/Owners – vary based on current projects
- Senior Quality Advisor, Office of Quality Initiatives – Terrence Odin