OQI is the Centre for Organizational Excellence and Development. They enable opportunities to collaborate, grow and inspire innovation to prepare Carleton University to address unfolding issues of our time.
- We focus on understanding and meeting customer (students, faculty, staff, stakeholders) needs
- We are committed to Organizational Excellence
- We emphasize the people aspect of making change successful
- We work collaboratively
- We recognize that partnerships (internal and external) are the key to our success
- We foster creativity, innovation, and involvement through effective use of our services
- We work with others to inspire and encourage these principles
The Office of Quality Initiatives provides customized consultative and facilitation services to departments and services units in the following areas:
- Benchmarking – We work with cross-functional benchmarking teams to identify and understand best practices in work processes, in order to improve service delivery. Cross-functional benchmarking teams follow the five-phase Benchmarking Model adopted by Carleton University.
- Lean Transformation – We facilitate the application and support of Lean across campus. Lean is a methodology that enables understanding of value from a customer perspective by focusing on key processes that deliver that value.
- Process Review – We provide guidance and a framework for the analysis and redesign of existing core administrative processes to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in day-to-day operations.
- Service Excellence – We guide and assist our clients in achieving the Service Excellence Standards by understanding customer needs and by determining the best strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Strategic Planning – We provide guidance and assist any unit, department, division or team with planning efforts by helping clients to develop their mission, goals and strategies, and associated objectives, initiatives, and measures.
- Learning and Professional Development – We facilitate, manage and develop strategy for opportunities to enhance individual skills and abilities, to meet professional goals and to assist in career development.
- Carleton Leader – We facilitate and manage the Carleton Leader development streams and the Carleton Leader Community. We are dedicated to being “Leaderful” the main principle to Carleton Leader.
- Healthy Workplace – We support, facilitate and manage the Healthy Workplace initiative to facilitate and provide programs to support the ongoing culture of health and wellness – physical and mental – to all faculty and staff (employees) across campus.
- Strategic Communications – We conceptualize, plan and implement both strategic and day-to-day communications that supports the Finance and Administration Division.
- Workshops and Meeting Facilitation – We organize, plan and conduct retreats, workshops and meetings so the participants can focus on the issues and topics of the day. We formulate and customize the agendas to meet specific goals of the customer.
- Associated Services – To promote quality, we provide the university community with a variety of associated services on an ‘as-needed’ basis. These include best practice research, focus groups, in-depth interview, quality coaching, and/or quality consultation.
We encourage you to Contact Us for a quality consultation to determine the right tool(s) for your needs.