- Launch the app – If you have already installed the software, launch the software by clicking on the application on your computer. If you have not installed the software, see How to Install Capture.
- Set up – Make sure your microphone is working and select the screen and/or camera you want to record.
- NOTE: By default, the application will record your computer screen and the webcam.
- Record – Click the red button to start recording. You will see a 3-second countdown and then your recording will start. If you decide to cancel your recording during the 3-second countdown, click Cancel.
- NOTE: When the recording begins, the duration of your recording is displayed in the Recording Menu (this will not be recorded on the video).
- Annotate – To add annotations on the screen during the recording, click on the pencil icon in the recording menu.
- Customize – Use the following tools to enhance and personalize your recording:
- Pencil: draw and handwrite
- Arrow: add an arrow
- Text: add a text box
- Cursor: highlight mouse clicks during the recording
- Select: highlight a selected area on your screen during the recording
- Stop Recording – When you finish recording, click the white Stop button to stop recording.
- Do a test recording a few days in advance of when you need it. This ensures you have sufficient time for troubleshooting in the event that your computer, Internet, or technical skills require extra attention.
- Exit any unnecessary applications and browser tabs. These all user ram that may be required by the recording application.
- Turn computer notifications, limit background noise, and silence anything that rings, hums, or ticks.
Save and Upload Your Recording
- After you stop your recording you will be directed to the Entry page where you need to enter the following information:
- Title of the recording
- Select one of the following options:
- Delete to delete your entry
- Save and Upload to upload to MediaSpace
- Save to save to your local library only. You will be able to upload to MediaSpace at a later time
- New recording to do another recording (you will be prompted with a confirmation that you indeed want to leave without saving your previous recording)
- An upload progress bar is displayed and a successful upload message appears when the upload is complete.
NOTE: When you save a recording without uploading to MediaSpace, you will be taken to your Kaltura library and have the options to upload or delete your media.