Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Growing our Commitment to Community Engagement: Moving Carleton Forward Together
October 27, 2021 at 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
|Location:||Zoom (details to be sent following registration)|
|Key Contact:||Rebecca Drodge|
Join the launch of Carleton’s new Centre for Community Engagement!
Carleton University has a long history of working with the community, and as an institution, we are increasingly taking a leadership role both nationally and internationally in supporting the value and practice of community engagement. Whether you are a faculty member, provide professional or student services at Carleton or are a student, we all play an important role in serving community, both locally and around the world.
Join us as Carleton faculty, instructors and staff share their experiences and ideas for engaging with the community.
- Opening Remarks and Presentation: 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- Thematic Presentations (abstracts are available below): 10 a.m. to 10:50 a.m.
- Strategic Direction Discussion: 10:50 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
- Closing Remarks: 11:50 a.m. to 12 noon
Thematic Presentation Abstracts
- 1. Where do I start? Things to do, things to think about, actions to take.
- 2. From classroom to community. Teaching a community engaged course.
- 3. Work as imagined versus work as done. The realities of working in complex CE initiatives.
- 4. Community engagement in action. What might real impact and real outcomes look like?
- 5. Knowing me and knowing you. How are our partnerships and work with the community evaluated?
- 6. Tips & tools for CE in not-so-normal times. Challenges & opportunities that emerged from the pandemic.