Along with your new colleagues, Faculty Affairs welcomes you to Carleton University! We are so glad about your interest and decision in being a part of such a dynamic community. Below, new hires can find information that will provide for a smooth transition into the new work environment.
From your academic unit, you can expect a welcome email will include information about:
- General information about the Academic Unit
- At the same time, this office may ask for details to update websites and share with your new colleagues
- Typically, more detailed information about computer accounts, etc. will be provided after your start date. However, you may choose to inquire about earlier access as appropriate, about:
- MyCarletonOne (MC1) login for email and computer access
- Computer imaging (in collaboration with ITS)
- Telephone extension number and long-distance codes
- Office number and keys (including meeting rooms and labs), office name sign, mailbox
- Photocopy access (via campus card)
- Safety/emergency information
Dean/University Librarian Office
From your Dean or the University Librarian’s office, you will receive more information about:
- General information about your Faculty/University Library
- Reimbursement of moving expenses (if applicable)
- Purchase of computer/laptop and your contact person for technology support
You may also wish to request a copy of your Faculty/Unit organization chart.
Carleton University embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. Accessibility is one of the university’s strategic priorities and, in accordance with your letter of offer, requests for accommodations should start with your Dean or the University Librarian.
Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs
For Researchers, while your Academic Unit will provide graduate application list access, more information about roles and responsibilities is available on the FGPA website.
Onboarding Checklist for New Academics
Navigate the remainder of the Onboarding Checklist for New Academics by clicking through the relevant stages in the onboarding process below.