Below, shortlisted candidates can learn more about what to expect during the Interview Phase of the academic hiring process at Carleton University. Shortlisted candidates may expect to have meetings with various academic units and as well as a scheduled meet with the Dean/University Librarian or designate. In addition, shortlisted candidates can also expect to receive a welcoming package and meeting provided by the Faculty Affairs.
In addition to your formal interview itinerary with the search committee, your schedule may include meetings with:
- Academic colleagues
- Your Chair/Director
- Other meetings, including with the Carleton University Academic Staff Association (CUASA), may also be scheduled and/or requested
All shortlisted candidates receive a welcome email that includes:
- “Information for Academic Candidates” booklet highlighting some of the major benefits of working at Carleton
- Real estate and moving information (including fine arts/laboratories)
A meeting is available upon request.
After negotiations with your Dean/University Librarian (see below), signed by the Provost, your formal letter of offer includes:
- your Carleton (Banner) ID number
- terms and conditions of your appointment
As applicable, immigration support is also provided for internationals.
During your interview day, shortlisted candidates typically meet with the Dean/University Librarian or designate (as appropriate).
Negotiations for academic positions will be conducted with your Dean or the University Librarian.
Onboarding Checklist for New Academics
Navigate the remainder of the Onboarding Checklist for New Academics by clicking through the relevant stages in the onboarding process below.