Welcome to Carleton University!
At Information Technology Services (ITS) we provide support and services to the campus as a whole, while Computing Support Units (CSUs) and Campus IT Providers support personnel work within each Faculty.
We are here to help! For technical support:
- visit our Online Help Centre
- call our ITS Service Desk at 613-520-3700
- email our ITS Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- visit our Service Desk Customer portal and Chat with an online Service Desk agent (during business hours)
- drop by our IT Help Desk located in the Discovery Centre in the Library
We also encourage you to visit our list of Campus IT Providers for additional contact information.
Your MyCarletonOne Account
Your Department Administrator, CSU or Dean submits a request to the ITS Service Desk to set up your MyCarletonOne account at the time of your hire. This account identifies you on the Carleton computer network, and is required for a multitude of network services, including:
- MyCarleton Portal where you can access to BrightSpace, Carleton Central, Email and campus announcements
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Wireless access
- Computer labs and kiosks
- CU Travel and Expense (where applicable)
- FAST and Banner (where applicable)
DUO Multi-Factor Authentication
Duo is a two-factor authentication solution that all new Faculty and Staff are automatically enrolled in. Once configured, you will login to Carleton systems using something you know (your MyCarletonOne password) plus something you have (your phone, tablet, landline, hardware token).
Using DUO (with video) – https://carleton.ca/its/duo/using-duo/
ITS offers a selection of computers and accessories at special academic prices designed to meet your needs. Your Computing Support Unit (CSU) is your point of contact for getting your workstation set up. Once you are set up if you have any hardware related issues, please contact your CSU or the Hardware Services Group.
Your Email – @cunet address
Faculty and staff at Carleton are provided with an Exchange mailbox, complete with calendaring features. You can access your Exchange mailbox at your workstation using the Outlook program or via a web browser.
Your actual email address is FirstnameLastname@cunet.carleton.ca. For your convenience an email alias of the form: Firstname.Lastname@carleton.ca is automatically created for you. Use your email alias on your business card or website. Any mail addressed to your email alias will be delivered to your actual email address.
Mailbox size is 50 GB.
Voice Services is your point of contact for all telephone related services. At ITS we have a number of voice over ip phones (voIP) that you may choose from. We also provide additional services such as Conference on Demand, Audio Conferencing and long distance calling cards for researchers. For assistance with your phone you can contact the ITS Service Desk.
Your Network Connection
- CU-Wireless provides encrypted (secure) access. Generally used to access private drives and printers, as well as to the Internet.
- Carleton University students, staff and faculty should only use the eduroam network while at partner institutions. While on campus, please use the CU-Wireless network.
Accessing Network Files on Campus
When connected to the Carleton network from your desktop system, you gain access to the following network drives:
- P: drive with a maximum of 500MB storage and not publicly shared.
- W: drive with no set maximum storage but shared among all user accounts within your department.
Accessing Network Files Off Campus
The Virtual Private Network (VPN) client software is required for access to Carleton University resources that are restricted to on-campus use. The VPN client software provides a secure encrypted channel from your home to the campus.
- OneDrive: 5 TB (5000 GB) of Cloud-accessible storage, stored in Microsoft’s Canadian data centres in Toronto and Quebec City.
Classroom and Educational Technology Support
Faculty in need of technical support in one of Carleton’s classrooms should contact Teaching and Learning Services (TLS) at 613-520-3815.
TLS also provides support with implementing and using a number of educational technology tools, including Carleton’s Learning Management System (LMS), D2L Brightspace. If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone about how Carleton’s tools can be used in your course, please submit a request to the TLS Support Portal.
Software Available to Staff
ITS licensed software, including Microsoft Office 365 for home use.
Research Data Storage
ITS has a research filesharing and collaboration platform based on Citrix ShareFile software. This platform gives faculty a place to store their research data and collaborate with their students, other faculty and external collaborators.
Emergency Notification System
Carleton ENS is the University’s electronic emergency-notification system. ENS is used to alert and inform the Carleton community in the event of a major incident or campus emergency. ENS alerts are automatically sent to desktop/laptop computers on campus and Carleton email accounts.
Stay informed with technology news on campus by subscribing to our RSS feed, or follow us on twitter @Carleton_IT.