CARLETON UNIVERSITY (OTTAWA), IN COOPERATION WITH THE RUSSIA-CANADA BUSINESS COUNCIL AND THE EMBASSY OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION IN CANADA,
IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE
THE 3rd RUSSIAN WRITING CONTEST
(FOR ALL STUDENTS STUDYING RUSSIAN IN CANADA)
RESULTS OF THE 2020 RUSSIAN WRITING CONTEST ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS LINK.
The purpose of the contest is to generate interest among students in appreciation of the relationship between our countries; to celebrate Russian-Canadian heritage and the diversity of cultures and languages in Canada; and to provide an opportunity for students to showcase their knowledge of the Russian language, literature and history.
“The Russian Language as a Window into Russian Culture” – This category is open to all students from Canadian schools and universities, language schools and Russian learning centers, who are studying the Russian language and who are not native Russian speakers. There is no limit on the age of contestants or the duration of time learning Russian.
“The Russian Language as a Native Language” – This category is open to all students from Canadian schools and universities, language schools and Russian learning centers, whose mother tongue is Russian. There is no limit on the age of contestants or the duration of time learning Russian.
Contest Rules and Regulations
All students from Canadian schools and universities, language schools and Russian learning centers are invited to participate in this contest. To enter the contest, students are required to write an essay of 1,000 to 1,500 words in Russian on one of the proposed topics. Essays must be submitted to our contest judges via e-mail at email@example.com by 14 March 2020.
Our esteemed judges – leading experts in the field of the Russian language, literature and history from Russia and Canada – will review the essays, and choose six winners (three in each category). The winners will be announced on 10 April 2020. All winners will be notified in writing via e-mail and may also be contacted by phone.
The winners will be awarded with valuable prizes, and all participants will receive memorable gifts.
- The Great Russian Commanders (from ancient times to the present)
- “There is no such family in Russia that was not affected by the Great Patriotic War (1941-1945)…” About my ancestors who participated in the Great Patriotic War
- Arctic Convoys: Remembering cooperation between the Soviet Union and Canada during World War II
- Which museum would you like to visit in Russia?
All submissions should:
- Be written in Russian on one of the proposed topics
- Be between 1,000 to a maximum of 1,500 words in length
- Be in Font Times New Roman, size 14
- Be 1.5-spaced with numbered pages in Word document format
- Include, in the top right-hand corner of the page, the student’s name and surname both in Russian and in English or French, e-mail and phone number, age, mother tongue, name of the school, duration and place of study of the Russian language, and the category selected
- Be submitted electronically: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submissions: 14 March 2020
- Announcement of winners: 10 April 2020
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
For more information on the results of 2019 Russian Writing Contest, Please Click Here.
Watch the video of our award ceremony from 2019 below!
If you have questions about the contest, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org