The French (Honours) program now has co-op!
Discover a world of opportunity…one co-op placement at a time!
Who can apply?
Students with second-year standing who are majoring in French (or have a Combined Honours in French) at the honours level.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
There are several requirements which must be met before being accepted into the program.
- Must have an 8.0 CGPA overall with a major CGPA of 9.0;
- Successfully completed, by the start-date of the first work term, the required language courses and others listed hereafter:
- FREN 2100 (or any substitute course) or FREN 2110;
- FREN 2202, FREN 2203 and FREN 2401
- Completion of the Departmental “Examen oral de français”
- Registered as full-time student in the term before the work term;
- Obtained third-year status;
- Eligible to work in Canada (for off-campus work placements).
Full requirements can be viewed at https://calendar.carleton.ca/undergrad/regulations/co-operativeeducation/
How to Apply?
French (Honours) students interested in co-op must apply by December 31, 2023.
The application can be found at – http://carleton.ca/co-op/apply-for-co-op/undergrad-application-form/
What is the timing for a Work Term?
Second-year French (Honours) students who apply by the deadline, are admitted and pass COOP 1000, will have their first work term Winter 2024.
Where can I find additional information?
Information on admissions, benefits, fees, process and work-study patterns within the co-op program can be found on our web site http://carleton.ca/co-op/
Who can I contact if I have questions?
Please contact the Co-op Coordinator for the French program
613-520-2600 x 1176