The French (Honours) program now has co-op!
Discover a world of opportunity…one co-op placement at a time!
Who can apply?
Students with second-year standing who are majoring in French (or have a Combined Honours in French) at the honours level.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
There are several requirements which must be met before being accepted into the program.
- Must have an 8.0 CGPA overall with a major CGPA of 9.0;
- Successfully completed, by the start-date of the first work term, the required language courses and others listed hereafter:
- FREN 2100 (or any substitute course) or FREN 2110;
- FREN 2201 and FREN 2401
- FREN 3050 and one of FREN3251 or FREN3451 during the fall of the third year (students will be allowed to take this course while at work in the winter term outside of work hours);
- Completion of the Departmental “Examen oral de français”
- Registered as full-time student in the term before the work term;
- Obtained third-year status;
- Eligible to work in Canada (for off-campus work placements).
Full requirements can be viewed at https://calendar.carleton.ca/undergrad/regulations/co-operativeeducation/
How to Apply?
French (Honours) students interested in co-op must apply by December 31, 2016.
The application can be found at – http://carleton.ca/co-op/apply-for-co-op/undergrad-application-form/
What is the timing for a Work Term?
Second-year French (Honours) students who apply by the deadline, are admitted and pass COOP 1000, will have their first work term Winterl 2017.
Where can I find additional information?
Information on admissions, benefits, fees, process and work-study patterns within the co-op program can be found on our web site http://carleton.ca/co-op/
Who can I contact if I have questions?
Please contact the Co-op Coordinator for the French program
613-520-2600 x 1176