This section is for managers, administrators, or faculty who have hired new casual employees (including graduate students as Research Assistants).

In order to authorize payment for casual staff, a Payroll Profile Form (Online Submission) must be submitted. If the employee has never been paid by Carleton University, please have them visit New Employees site for further details on our documentation process.

If you are paying your employee out of research funds, this form will first be submitted to Research Financial Accounting who will forward it to Payroll Services when approved. You may want to submit the Payroll Profile Form early to allow for enough processing time before the deadline.

If you are paying a graduate research assistant and the graduate student is registered in the current term, payments are then to be set up using the Graduate Job Requisition System in Carleton Central. Graduate students can find job acceptance (payment) deadlines and their corresponding pay dates here.

Deadlines for Submitting Payroll Profile Forms