The Carleton Industrial Design Student Association (CIDSA) is designed as a social network and education tool for industrial design undergraduate and graduate students.
CIDSA organizes social and academic events to develop fellowship among industrial design students and faculty. The association also represents students within the School of Industrial Design regarding academic and/or policy matters to the University and the profession.
CIDSA plans social events throughout the year and coordinates guest lecturers. CIDSA’s primary annual activity is the year-end dinner held in April. It is a formal gala event, attended by the student body, faculty, instructors, and staff. It is an evening to celebrate the year.
Card-carrying CIDSA members also benefit from supplier discounts from local Ottawa merchants.
Full time industrial design students have a fee of $110.00 ($95.00 per student to cover the cost of a computer pass and $15.00 per student to cover a CIDSA membership) added to their tuition in the Fall term.
Part time students do not have the CIDSA fee added to their tuition fee. These students are encouraged to contact the Computer Technician to arrange to purchase a computer pass and to contact a CIDSA representative to purchase a membership.
2016-2017 Executive Committee
- President: Carmen Cumming
- Vice President Social: Madeline Deloewen
- Vice President Finance: Stacey Lin, Missy Thomas
- Vice President Communication: Catherine Caetano-Macdonnell
- Vice President Academic: Selena Chau
- Vice President Promotion: Samantha Astles, Nicholas Chan
- Year End Dinner: Victoria Smith, Allison Kahala
- Past President: Madeline Vander Zaag
2016-17 Studio Representatives
- 1st Year: TBD
- 2nd Year: TBD
- 3rd Year: TBD
- 4th Year: TBD