The portfolio should provide the best examples of creative intellectual activity and recent professional work.
Portfolio can either be submitted online via SlideRoom or by sending the link for your Portfolio website to ID@carleton.ca. The portfolio should provide the best examples of creative intellectual activity and recent professional work that indicates the applicant is sufficiently prepared to pursue studies in the program. These activities may be represented by proposals, reports, and/or analysis documents. Emphasis should be placed on evidence of understanding the communication of design ideas in visual form.
Technical Specifications for Slideroom
The portfolio should not exceed 20 samples. Name each sample as Lastname-Firstname_01.(jpeg, mp4, pdf, etc), Lastname-Firstname_02.(jpeg, mp4, pdf, etc), etc.
Acceptable File Types:
- Images: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .tga
- Videos: .m4v, .mov, .mp4, .wmv, .flv, .asf, .mpeg, .mpg, .mkv
- Documents: .pdf
- Linked Media: Vimeo, YouTube, SoundCloud, Sketchfab (Note linked media items must be public, and the links should be to individual files rather than sets, playlists, or collections).
Acceptable File Sizes
- Images must be under 5 MB (image should not exceed 1024 × 768 pixels).
- Videos must be less than 250 MB in size.
- Documents must be less than 10 MB.
Submit portfolio samples online using Slideroom.
For reviewing purposes, upload one sample at a time. Additional instructions will be available after logging into Slideroom.
Slideroom will be available starting September 29, 2020. Please note there is a $10(US) administration fee to set up a Slideroom account.