The portfolio should provide the best examples of creative intellectual activity and recent professional work.
Portfolio can either be submitted online via SlideRoom or by sending the link for your Portfolio website to ID@carleton.ca. The portfolio should provide the best examples of creative intellectual activity and recent professional work that indicates the applicant is sufficiently prepared to pursue studies in the program. These activities may be represented by proposals, reports, and/or analysis documents. Emphasis should be placed on evidence of understanding the communication of design ideas in visual form.
Technical Specifications for Slideroom
The portfolio should not exceed 20 samples.
Your portfolio can be:
- One compiled .pdf portfolio. Please limited to 20 pages.
- Maximum of 20 individual images. Please upload 1 (one) image at a time. Images may be submitted in horizontal and/or vertical orientation. Images larger than 1280 x 1280 x 72 ppi will be resized.
- A combination of individual images, videos, and documents. Please upload 1 item at a time and do not exceed 20 items. If your documents contain multiple pages reduce the number of items so the total items and pages do not exceed 20. Videos should not exceed 2 minutes or they will NOT be reviewed in their entirety. You should limit your video submissions to a maximum of 2 videos.
Acceptable File Types:
- Images: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .tga
- Videos: .m4v, .mov, .mp4, .wmv, .flv, .asf, .mpeg, .mpg, .mkv
- Documents: .pdf
Acceptable File Sizes:
- Images must be under 5 MB (images that exceed 1280 x 1280 x 72 ppi will be resized).
- Videos must be less than 250 MB in size (videos should not exceed 2 minutes).
- Documents must be less than 10 MB.
SlideRoom Support has a great page about file and image size for the Portfolio upload – Working with Media and Your Portfolio. You can upload images with any dimensions, as SlideRoom resizes images larger than 1280 x 1280 x 72 ppi. Images and videos are subject to be compressed to be displayed properly in SlideRoom.
Submit portfolio samples online using Slideroom.
For reviewing purposes, it is preferred you upload one sample at a time. Additional instructions will be available after logging into Slideroom.
Slideroom will be available starting September 29, 2020. Please note there is a $10(US) administration fee to set up a Slideroom account.