Industrial Design will be hosting 3 Portfolio and Information Sessions on the following dates:
- Session 1: Friday, December 3, 2021 at 1:00 PM
- Session 2: Friday, January 14, 2022 at 1:00 PM
- Session 3: Friday, February 11, 2022 at 1:00 PM
These information sessions provide an important opportunity to learn more about the school and see the design studios, workshops, and laboratories. It is also an opportunity for feedback on your portfolio (completed or in progress). Due to COVID restrictions, these sessions will be held online via Zoom. The Zoom link will be sent via email 1 week before the session date.
Why your portfolio is important?
Successful candidates are chosen from a large pool of applicants with a limited number of admissions. The Admissions Committee will be considering both the design of the portfolio and the quality and clarity of the work presented.
Your portfolio should include:
- Resume (academics, work experience, interests, and other);
- Statement of interest with reasons for wanting to study industrial design; and
- A diverse selection of 2D and 3D creative work with explanatory notes. (Creative work may include freehand and computer-generated drawings, technical drawings, paintings, graphics and photographs, and images of 3-dimensional work such as sculptures, models, renovations, furniture, fashion items, and others. It is useful to show both the process and final work).
The School of Industrial Design offers a straightforward digital-only submission process. All details are available at the School of Industrial Design website (carleton.ca/id) for preparing a portfolio, including portfolio guidelines and portfolio samples and videos. It is important to clearly follow format requirements to be considered for acceptance.