Please note: It is strongly recommended to uninstall previous versions of Office before attempting to upgrade your version of Office. Assistance in uninstalling Office can be found at the following support article from Microsoft.
- Go to the Get Office 365 for Free website
- Enter your Carleton email address (email@example.com) and click on Get started.
- Select I’m a student
- Click Sign in
- Sign in using your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your MyCarletonOne password
- Click Start to accept the terms and conditions of use and enable the license on your account
- Click Skip (no extra user invitations are required)
- Follow any introductory notices while you are logging into the Office Portal home page
- In the top right corner, click Install Office > Office 365 apps link
- Download and install the software.
Note: Microsoft also offers students additional services to holders of Office 365 email addresses, while they maintain student status. A subset of these additional services are supported by the Service Desk: carleton.ca/its/o365