Skip to Main Content
- Verify Your Enrolment
- How-To Video
Verify Your Enrolment
A Certificate of Enrolment is used to verify your enrolment at Carleton University.
- Delivery Options
- You can choose to have your certificate sent to your Carleton email account as a PDF document within two working days of your request. We do not email third parties.
- You can choose to have your certificate delivered via courier. You must make all arrangements for pickup and payment as Carleton does not arrange to send your documentation. Follow these steps:
- Indicate on the Carleton Central request form that you intend to have your documents picked up by a courier.
- Include your phone number and email address in your request.
- Wait for email confirmation that your documents are ready for pickup. This email will include details for your courier.
- Arrange for payment and pickup with your courier company.
- If a courier is sent before documents are ready for pickup they will be referred to contact you.
- Carleton will not release documents to the courier if you have not arranged their payment.
- We do not fax Certificates of Enrolment to students or third parties.
- Uses of the Certificate of Enrolment
- Student Visa/ Immigration applications
- Confirm previous graduation
- Confirm full or part-time status
- Private non-government loan applications
- Private RESPs
- The Certificate of Enrolment cannot be used for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) or to maintain interest-free status on government-issued student loans.
- Students requiring enrolment confirmation for the National Student Loan Service Centre (NSLSC) must contact the Awards Office.
- The full or part-time status provided on the Certificate of Enrolment does not apply to government student financial aid programs.
- Details and Definitions
- Full-time status is registration in a minimum of 1.5 credits in any term.
- Part-time status is registration in under 1.5 credits in a term.
This video will show you how to request a Certificate of Enrolment.
How to Request a Certificate of Enrolment | Carleton Central How-To (YouTube)
Share: Twitter, Facebook