The application process to graduate studies at Carleton for all prospective students is the same and must be completed online. For complete information regarding the application process please visit the Graduate Admissions website.
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs by phone at (613) 520-2525 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Once you have received your account information, please consult how to submit your documents.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate proficiency.
The following documents must be uploaded to your online application:
- Statement of Intent
- Two letters of reference (it is recommended that at least one recommendation letter be from a professor in an academic institution)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary studies. If the originals are not in English, they must be translated and signed by a notary or the school. If applicable, please include other relevant information, such as the grading and ranking policy of the university. Please follow the instructions carefully on how to upload your documents.
Important note for International applicants:
We appreciate the significant interest of international students in our MCS program. Although we typically do not accept international applicants to the MCS, we remain open to considering exceptional cases. If you have achieved outstanding academic grades in both Computer Science and Mathematics, with a CGPA of at least 85% for those two topics, we still encourage you to apply. However, please note that meeting this criterion does not guarantee admission. In particular, in the statement of interest of your application, you must include an email from an SCS professor confirming that they will supervise and fund you if you are admitted.
We offer fall (September) admission. The deadline to apply for fall is January 15th. Those who wish to be considered for funding should apply by January 15th. We do accept applications submitted after these dates. However, late applications may not be considered for funding as it is subject to availability.
Note: Only completed applications will be considered, and therefore all required documents must be received by the due date.
If you are an international student, it is advisable to apply further in advance to ensure you allow enough time for travel arrangements if you are admitted to the program.
Please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (613) 520-2600 ext. 8751.
Notification of Application Results
Once a decision is made, you will be notified.