We have a broad range of expertise in African Studies at the Institute of African Studies. The Institute of African Studies has two full-time faculty members and over 45 faculty members cross-appointed to the Institute from over 19 departments. In addition, we have a number of Adjunct Professors and have had a number of Visiting Scholars and Visiting Research Scholars based at our Institute.
- Christine Duff, African literature in French (North and South of the Sahara); Caribbean literature in French;
Canada 150 Research Chair
- Shireen Hassim, Gender and African Politics
Full Faculty Members
- Shireen Hassim, Canada 150 Research Chair in Gender and African Politics
- Nduka Otiono, Cultural Studies, Oral Literature, Postcolonial Studies, Media and Communication Studies, Globalization and Popular Culture
- Pius Adesanmi (Professor of English and African Literature)