- Create and Upload Your Video
- Submit or Share Your Video
If you need to submit a video for a class assignment, you can either create a new video or upload an existing video from your MediaSpace library. You can record videos on your computer with Personal Capture or on your mobile device with KMS Go. Once your video has been uploaded to MediaSpace, you can share it with your instructor/class in cuLearn.
You have the following options for creating and uploading video assignments:
- Record on your computer using the Personal Capture application – You can record your computer screen/webcam and your voice. These videos will be automatically uploaded to the MediaSpace media server.
- Record on your mobile device using the KMS Go mobile app – You can record a new video on your device or upload a video you have already made. These videos will be automatically uploaded to the MediaSpace media server.
- Upload a video you already have on your computer – You can share a video you have already recorded by uploading it to MediaSpace.
Your videos are private by default so that only you can see them. To share or submit a video you can either publish the video and share the link, or embed the video directly into cuLearn to give your instructor or class access to the video.
Follow these instructions to share a link to your video.
- Go to the assignment on your cuLearn course homepage.
- Click the assignment link.
- Click the Add submission button.
- Go to the online text box.
- In the text editor bar, click the Show more buttons arrow
- Click on the Embed Kaltura Media icon in the text editor bar My Media window will automatically open.
- Click the +Add New button on the top right-hand side of the My Media window.
- Select Kaltura Personal Capture from the drop-down menu.
- If you’ve already installed Kaltura Capture, it will launch automatically. If you haven’t installed Kaltura Capture, see Install Personal Capture.
- Go to My Media window.
- Navigate to your video recording.
- Click Select.
- In the dropdown menu, select Medium.
- Click on Embed in the Preview window.
- Click Save changes below the online text box of the assignment.