Research Assistant Position – Institute of Criminology and Criminal Justice (ICCJ)
Funding and timelines:
In accordance with CUPE 4600 Unit 1 Collective Agreement, the position provides an hourly rate of
$41.70 with 4% of salary as vacation pay.
20 hours between June 1, 2022, to June 30, 2022
This RA position will be to support the ICCJ’s ARAC (anti-racism anti-colonialism) committee in analyzing
- Data entry
- Exporting datasets from Qualtrics
- Analyzing survey data using SPSS or other analytic software
– Produce descriptive statistics and thematic analysis of short answer questions
- Resource development
– Create a short, written report summarizing findings
- Liaise with ARAC Committee members
– Attend a scheduled ARAC meeting to discuss analysis, report, next steps
- Must be a Carleton graduate student (MA or PhD)
- Must have experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Must have experience with Qualtrics
- Must have experience with SPSS or other analytic software
Preference will be given to Black, Indigenous, and racialized candidates.
a) Cover letter addressed to the ARAC committee stating your suitability for the position;
b) an academic CV.
Applications should be submitted by May 9, 2022, and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org