Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Emergency Management – Run-Hide-Defend Training
October 14, 2022 at 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM
|Audience:||Staff and Faculty|
|Key Contact:||Sal Ugarte|
|Contact Phone:||613-520-2600 ext 8535|
This session will focus on how to be prepared and provide you with information to gain the confidence needed to recognize a threatening situation and take decisive action during an active threat.
Over the course of 90 minutes, you will learn the following:
- Sources of communications and notification
- Strategies to prevent and prepare for an active threat
- Options to enhance survival when confronted with an active threat
- Apply situational awareness and respond appropriately
- Interact with responding law enforcement
Please be advised that components of this session contain sensitive material and dramatic/realistic media content which some participants may find upsetting.
This is an in-class session.
Staff and faculty, please register through Carleton Central – Learning and Development.
A calendar invite will be sent prior to the event date.