We offer a B.A. (Honours), B.Sc. (Honours) and a Minor in Geomatics.
Our program is for students who wish to focus on the acquisition, management, analysis, and display of geographic information. Various applications in planning, environmental and resources management, hazard mapping, demographics, market analysis, and education will be explored. Practical experience will be gained in geomatics, cartography, remote sensing, and quantitative analysis.
To receive more information while selecting your courses, please contact:
- Karen Tucker
- Contact for questions about your audit, course selection and program requirements.
Geomatics Program Supervisor & Advisor
- Murray Richardson
(613) 520-2600 x 2574
- Contact for program advice and guidance.
Why do it?
Are you interested in: the geographical aspects of environmental and world issues, satellite images, computer graphics and maps, acquiring practical and useful work skills and experience in the environmental field?
What is it?
Geomatics is the acquisition, management, analysis, and display of geographic information. It uses information technology to analyse problems involving the physical, social and economic environment and is built on knowledge from geography, cartography and remote sensing.
Our Program Offers
- A mix of academic development and technical skills training
- Hands-on learning in specialized facilities with state-of-the-art equipment (hardware and software)
- Project opportunities to develop individual skills, strengths and interests
- Work placements in government and private industry for academic credit.
What are my options?
Undergraduate students in any program may take Geomatics courses as part of their regular course selection to gain experience in the handling of spatial data and/or spatial data analysis.
The ability to work with geographic data and the related technology opens many doors to graduates, with career opportunities in Federal government agencies, local governments and in commercial enterprises. The graduates of our program are employed in:
- Remote sensing and image analysis
- Web-based mapping
- Real estate and market analysis
- Training and education
- Software development
- Impact assessment
- Resource management
An excellent resource for geomatics students and graduates to network at social events and pursue career opportunities.